Looking to hire a consultant to help me make water clear delta 8

Distilling CBD isolate with bleaching Clay will give you d8 & d9 without needing to play with ethers and hydrochloric acids.

16 Likes

Treu but the acid route Gives a 98 % definite conversion to delta 8 :boom:[quote=“SkyHighLer, post:8, topic:6292”]

[/quote]

6 Likes

Well, no, but that was an old experiment, as the Summit blurb states. D Gold improved on it with Cannabis Alchemy. Many others and I have also made some improvements to the methods, now achieving 100% conversion of CBD to THCs.

9 Likes

Structure of cannabidiol. VI. Isomerization of cannabidiol to Tetrahydrocannabinol, a physiologically active product. Conversion of cannabidiol to cannabinol
Adams, R., Pease, D.C., Cain, C.K., and Clark, J.H.
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1940, 62 (9), pp 2402–2405
DOI: 10.1021/ja01866a040

It’s available from Library Genesis, click on libgen under Links, then click on GET at the download page you’re taken to,
http://libgen.io/scimag/index.php?s=10.1021/ja01858a058

7 Likes

Cool, thank you! :blush:

Put acidic bleaching clay in your distillation flask and you should get d8.

You can also make a 1M solution of phosphoric acid and react with bleaching clay for 30 min at 90C. You’ll get a nice stable d8 waterclear, or if you don’t use ENOUGH acid , a mix of d9 and d8 that is water clear.

24 Likes

Hello I’m interested in converting c02 crude into delta 8. What would you charge for a an sop for this? This is my first time on the site so I don’t really know how things work. I’ve been doing extraction for 4 years with an apek 20l and 5lt, winterizing (so low negative 85 freezer) 20micron, 5 micron 1 micron. 2l summit shortpath. Im finding that my oil is gold but darker. My vac gets to 100-150 microns on the regular but I really just want to do one pass and was hopping there might be a way to just turn it to delta 8 and be done with it. Let me know. I’m willing to pay for advice or sop thank you

1 Like

Check your DMs, im in socal

2 Likes

Would you say it’s harder to make the water clear or the light yellow? Either would work for me and I don’t want to spend a bunch of money trying to figure this out.

How much carbon do I add. Ratio of crude:carbon? Tia

The yellow is way easier.

2 Likes

Both are easy…

2 Likes

Do you have any test data for the products of this isomerisation?

1 Like

Sorry for the noob question. What’s the difference between delta 8&9? Sucks being in Pennsyltucky, everyone thinks counterfeit brass knuckles are the best thing in the world…Carts are only worth $30 cause that’s what they get poop soup filled knuckles/kingpens for.

2 Likes

8 is a cannabanoid more suited for medical purposes.

1 Like

Delta 8 tends to be clearer and is isomerized from d9 thc in the boiling flask during a SPD run. It can be isomerized with various things like bleaching clay, activated carbon, etc

The most notable differences between vaping pure Δ9 vs. pure Δ8 (no terpene entourage effects), which appear to be pretty consistent across numerous users’ reports of effects, are as follows:

1. Both isomers of THC are very psychoactive, and users report very similar levels and durations of symptom relief, although many feel the “high” of Δ8 is less intense and somewhat shorter.

2. Δ8 is more “up, cerebral, stimulating” while Δ9 is more “down, somatic, inebriating”… many users report they prefer Δ8 for symptom relief when they need to work and focus.

3. Many users who are sensitive to the anxiety-induction/paranoid side effect of Δ9 report that Δ8 does not have this side effect. In fact, impairment of mental and physical function (memory, speech, reaction time, awareness) typically occurs less often or less intensely with Δ8 than with an equal dose of Δ9-THC.

This is basically just the long version of what @qma already stated… Δ8 is a more refined medicinal product. :wink:

10 Likes

I honestly feel like delta 9 is an anxious sativa high where as delta 8 is more of an indica couch lock body high. Maybe this has to do with cbn being present when you make d8, idk.

6 Likes

Wow awesome explanations. I thought all distillate had the same type of high just different thc levels. I’m grabbing a half liter of d9 tonight for WAY too much $. Thanks guys!

Distillate without a COA (Certificate of Analysis) might not actually be delta9.

Some folks are deliberately isomerizing their material. Others are doing it accidently.

If you’re dealing with un-tested black market distillate you could be getting be getting mostly non-psychoactive delta10

1 Like