Looking to buy IP/SOP for stripping THC

How come you don’t still it, isolate the cbd and then what doesn’t crash after you are all said and done, you’ll have an amazing edible mix.

Right. What is that in reference to?

CDC? CDC is degraded CBN. D9 degrades to CBN and d8. Further heat and over a long time, it’ll degrade further into cdc.

That’s essentially what I’m thinking of doing, only I don’t have a SPD setup at the moment. I know people are making THC-free extract without distillation, and it appears people are having some success with crystalizing CBD out of a 45-60% CBD hemp extract. If I could crystalize that extract, test it and test the stuff that didn’t fall out of solution after purging, I’m thinking I could add back just enough of the stuff that didn’t crash out to make an extract that is just under .3% THC and sell that as a THC compliant full-spectrum hemp extract. I’ll also likely experiment with the LL extraction methods mentioned above.

3 Likes

Thc will crystallize before decarb, if you could get it to crash in that small amount, you could then. But after you decarb, winterize as best as you can and see about crashing the cbd then. When you wash seed your mother oil and keep saving the formations. Then keep cleaning up until there isn’t cbd left. The leftover oil will be quite a desired edible capsule amongst your friends.

1 Like

Okay but Distillare CANNOT be FSE as future himself broke it down in one of my earlier posts what FSE is. Distillate has next to zero terpene profile so people buying distillate cause they think it adds better flavor than Isolate are morons.

1 Like

I think people are mostly going for distillate rather than isolate because of the other trace cannabinoids present. I mean even at .3%, people are still getting roughly 1mg of THC per ml. There are also other cannabinoids like CBN, CBG, and CBC present. My goal is to make an extract that is just below the .3% THC mark simply to be compliant with local laws while still providing something that has other cannabinoids. Though I suppose I could just add isolate to my 6% THC extract at a ratio of 20:1 by volume to achieve that…

1 Like

I can strip THC from 40kg of distillate per day at about 90% efficiency through a chromatographic process, but the minor cannabinoids have a tendency to fractionate along with THC. So it seems it’d be easier to make isolate and combine with distillate to reach the desired cannabinoid ratios.

Otherwise, I have a process that will reduce THC to just about ND 0.00% without any loss of CBD and minor loss of other cannabinoids but there are some odd issues that make scaling up difficult. I’ve written an SOP for 100kg/day but it would require a couple hundred thousand USD and 2-3k sqft of space and a good bit of electricity. That process made this winterized oil, which when distilled yielded a ~95% CBD ~0.2% THC product IIRC.

6 Likes

You offer that as a service? I have a shit pile of CBD crude needing some THCa removed

7 Likes

The first process we only run for distillate. Haven’t cracked higher efficiency for non decarbed input but it is something we’ve tested. Perhaps in the future. And financially it doesn’t make sense to run crude, best to get as many mg in as possible since cost is based on input weight.

Edit: Yes I offer THC removal from CBD distillate as a service.

3 Likes

Chromatography
That’s the only way I know.

I’m also working on it. Hope will have 20-30 kilo t-free distillate per month soon.

Hmmm… What about making isolate via pentane crystallization, doing an A/B extraction of the mother liquor in a sep funnel leaving the THC in the aqueous layer, then neutralizing the pentane, adding the isolate back in, then purging?

2 Likes

Use isolate to increase cbd and reduce thc level.

It’s a good idea !

What’s your price per kilo to remove thc

Is anyone using iodine?

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m trying to do now. Have you figured it out? I’m starting with 62:2:68 % CBD:THC:total cannabinoids. I’m thinking of trying the hexane/saltwater/high pH wash trick and then recover hexane in roto and redissolve in pentane to crystallize then add the crystals back to a portion of the same material I started with at a ratio not to exceed compliance. It’ll be my first time with both of these procedures.

I didn’t see any temperature recommendations for hexane/ naclh2o wash. What do you think? I’m also not clear on what I need to make good crystals. Thermocycler? Is -15 C cold enough? Trying to get some good info before I get started. Thanks

This is what I posted on another thread. I can remove up to 85% of THC in crude.

6 Likes

It works but is not really scalable …

This is scalable. I have found equipment that will work either as dcvc or a modified flash system for this.

1 Like

What about the other 15 %?