Looking For Tried/Tested Pet Treat Recipes

Absolutely!

@munkdooligan Thank you so much! Great info and I am keeping your links in my files for further reference and research. That LD50 quantity makes a lot of sense and is something I’ve been looking for for a while now, so thanks again!

@Slabby can I ask where your references come from? The screen shot you’re showing doesn’t say where it’s from or whose study it is. Please tell me it’s not like an instagram snapshot while you’re claiming NCBI isn’t legitimate. Also, your 10 lb dog ate two edibles meant for humans, avg. 150 lbs. I am not at all shocked that he needed medical attention! But that’s like saying Ketamine is too dangerous for any medical purpose because a guy once took enough to kill a horse and died.

@Slabby And most importantly, in my mind, if you “don’t care” about us giving our dogs THC then why are you commenting and giving advice??? You posted a severe claim up above, DEATH, that you couldn’t adequately provide evidence for. That’s a big NO as far as information sharing goes in an industry where people need solid answers. This is medicine. Don’t scare people

1 Like

Obviously i care. But not enough to sit here and argue. I laid down the facts. You want to get your dog lit after then what do i care. And no if he would have gotten 2 edibles hed be dead probably. He only got 1 fat edible

1 Like

But you aren’t citing facts! The facts, as cited above, would suggest that 2 human edibles wouldn’t kill a dog… not even close! Would undoubtedly be a terrible experience for the dog, and they’d definitely need a visit to the vet, but it wouldn’t come close to killing even a <10 lb dog.

1 Like

My 55lb pit ate well over a gram contained in over a dozen cookies. He lost control of motor functions and tripped balls for 2 1/2 days. Sucked, but no lasting side effects. Pumpkin cookies. Tripped balls.

1 Like