Looking for startup lab consulting

Building out my first lab space and looking for someone that has been through it all before. Working under NJ micro-business laws with a space located, I’m trying to better define some of the required build out costs before I sign a lease. If you have experience building out small ethanol and water labs, I would love to talk and compensate you for your knowledge.

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, what county in NJ?

1 Like

Our company would love to connect to see if we can provide assistance! Please message me and I will get you in contact with our Scientific Director.

con-queef-tador… if you pay the guy with queef in his name to design your lab, you deserve whatever results you get lol

19 Likes

We have 3 clients in NJ. One was a micro.

I am active on the east coast heavily, got a few NY Adult processor’s issied licenses in the Aug batch going online soon as well.

Reach out if you would like a Professional Engineer and Architectural firms assistance.

We also aid with operations, compliance, and employee searches/vetting.

Thanks,

Sales@ldt-works.com

1 Like

@slickric174
This guy is a pro

4 Likes

We’ve setup multiple labs throughout the country and we currently have a location in Bellmawr that may be able to assist! Please reach out of this sounds like something you may be interested in.

1 Like

Appreciate the love @very.good.cannabis

@dp621 I would be happy to help you out. I’ve built out my fair share of ethanol labs and solventless (water) labs. If you still need equipment, I’m sure I can save you some money as well

rip your dms lol

4 Likes

Contact an equipment supplier and any decent one will do a lot of the heavy lifting of this request por gratis in hopes of making a sale.

Use the guys here when the project is defined and funded for the extra bits of game and actual extraction technique that matter immensely.

1 Like

Yes they will, but I’ve seen many instances of equipment suppliers taking advantage of clients that don’t know exactly what they need. I’ve even seen equipment suppliers make recommendations that are totally illogical for the client’s needs. Some are better than others, but it’s a big risk if you don’t have previous experience with lab design and equipment procurement.

If you’re going to pay a consultant for a build out I recommend you let them assist you right from the beginning. Most of the time I am able to save my clients more money in equipment discounts than they end up paying me

7 Likes

you are 100 percent correct
get the consultant before you make the purchase to ensure you are getting what you need and maybe get a discount.

Before you get the consultant or pull the trigger on a pice of equipment use the equipment suppliers for the rough outline

“how many sq ft approx will i need for this or that”
“what is the throughput and typical yield for this type of extraction on this type of equipment”
“whats an average buildout cost and what ancilarry shit will i need”

you should talk to all the suppliers in any given genre to get a broader view of what you are getting into and its the sales rep job to help you with info

4 Likes

Never hire a consultant to build out your facility that also sells equipment.

12 Likes

Yeah when folks are hammers everything becomes a nail

2 Likes

Great point. This is why i don’t really do consulting anymore unless it’s for something highly specific.

Slide me a DM. My group has put together a number of lab build outs and technology transfers, but also I grew up in NJ so I’m always interested in projects in the old stomping ground.

1 Like

Buy my cup 15 and pay for my plane ticket and I’ll get you smashing out good bubble/rosin and etoh extract in a few days. Good deal on the cup too, brand new

Thanks for all the replies. I’m working through the DM’s now.

I apologize for not being specific enough; I have small scale processes that I’m looking to bring to this business without large scale equipment costs. I’m only able to run up to 1000# a month max with this class of license with the intent of scaling up from 25# a week once process is dialed in. The larger unknowns come around making the space legal within the requirements of the state/local/fire/osha. I have a space picked out and ready to sign a lease but looking to avoid “oh hey you can’t have a c1d2 booth in this space” or “this storage space can only legally handle 5 gallons of etoh” kind of specifics.

2 Likes

Check out the F4200 thread called:
“Suggestions for cannabis business success”

There are some great tips in that thread.

4 Likes

Those sound like free questions you could ask of your fire marshall or zoning department. Consultants can make those calls for you, but you could save yourself a lot of money doing some of your own legwork.

4 Likes