Looking for recommendations on a chiller. Also anyone looking to sell one? thanks

Hi guys, i was looking for some advice on a chiller. Brand and size for a 200lb jacketed recovery tank.

Im looking for somthing thats quality that isent crazy over priced. I dont mind paying for what you get but dont want to be paying premiums for a name. I currently have an active system but putting some serious thought into going passive. Not sure if that will change the type of chiller needed.
Thanks and Happy Holidays fellas!:+1::+1:

@Madhattersxtracts the more you get you’re read time up the more sure of yourself you will be! We have addressed all this stuff enough for you to make an educated decision yourself if you only read!! 6hrs read time aint nuthin round here. Search and read before posting please! It clutters up the place when you don’t. Thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

there’s math for that. and it’s been posted more than once.

@precisionnick has a chiller thread and @TheGratefulPhil has worked the numbers for others on multiple occasions.

@thesk8nmidget is correct. it’s here, and you can figure it out.

…and because I have excess cutlery today: Recovery Speed - A Thermodynamic Approach

Edit: how did I find it?
Search results for '@TheGratefulPhil recovery' - Future4200

bet you can find @precisionnick’s thread too now.

4 Likes

At this point I’m happy to do chiller calculations.

$250 bucks and I’ll size you a chiller and provide 3 options for chillers and give you an excel sheet.

14 Likes

@Lincoln20XX posted his spreadsheet :wink:

but you’re right, that’s just for ethanol…

5 Likes

Thank you, I’ve had future4200 for awhile on my phone but to be honest I’m very new at using so I do very much appreciate the tips where to look :+1::+1:

Thanks man, I will look around and get more familiar with the site. Im not really tech savvy to honest. I have my son helping me out :rofl:

1 Like

I do appreciate the offer, but money is tight at the moment with the crap going down in the US :+1:

2 Likes

Anytime!

As folks here have said, the math is on the website if you search.

5 Likes

Hey, May I know what is the low temp in your tank do you need? Does it have a insulation cover?
We are the manufacturer of Chiller from China, shipped many good quality chillers to USA, and keep helping the guys who need to fix their chillers here. I can try to do some technical services, If your chillers from China have problems
Try our chiller if you are interested

2 Likes

Im not 100% on the how low i need to be at. Im doing some reading now on it.

We can provide this from our Chinese supplier.

Oooo calculator! :3 one more thing to do! Make web calculators. @.@ first coa generators

3 Likes

Hi Dear,

Some need -40℃, some need -60℃, some need -80℃, what cooling temperature do you need?

I never paid much attention to temps on my butane tank when I extracted. I would basically submerge my butane in dry ice for a good half hour or so before my flood… I would prob like it to be -60- -80. From what I have read dry ice is north of -100

-60 to -80 somewhere in that region

I thought you weren’t got at selling services. You’re great at it!

3 Likes

if you’re gonna play with chiller math, you need to settle on a scale. I suggest C rather than F.

dry ice sublimes at -78C

dry ice acetone hits that temp, dry ice + ethanol might be a couple or 4 degrees warmer at -74C

2 Likes

Thanks man, yeah after doing some digging on here I think I’m gonna try some experimenting with dry ice and a magnetic pump to circulate a subzero friendly liquid through the jacket. I think it might have been you that was talking about it in a post I came across last night :+1: After looking at some of the diffrent chillers im not certain now that will be a good option. Most of the bigger ones I came across seem to need 3 phase and are mind boggling expensive. I should have bought this stuff when I was actually making a decent income within this market years ago​:rofl:

1 Like

Make sure of two things (at a minimum): don’t get dry ice in your pump and make sure your pump is rated for flammable liquids and the temperature you’re going to be running at.

4 Likes