Looking for recommendations on a chiller. Also anyone looking to sell one? thanks

@Lincoln20XX posted his spreadsheet :wink:

but you’re right, that’s just for ethanol…

5 Likes

Thank you, I’ve had future4200 for awhile on my phone but to be honest I’m very new at using so I do very much appreciate the tips where to look :+1::+1:

Thanks man, I will look around and get more familiar with the site. Im not really tech savvy to honest. I have my son helping me out :rofl:

1 Like

I do appreciate the offer, but money is tight at the moment with the crap going down in the US :+1:

2 Likes

Anytime!

As folks here have said, the math is on the website if you search.

5 Likes

Hey, May I know what is the low temp in your tank do you need? Does it have a insulation cover?
We are the manufacturer of Chiller from China, shipped many good quality chillers to USA, and keep helping the guys who need to fix their chillers here. I can try to do some technical services, If your chillers from China have problems
Try our chiller if you are interested

2 Likes

Im not 100% on the how low i need to be at. Im doing some reading now on it.

We can provide this from our Chinese supplier.

Oooo calculator! :3 one more thing to do! Make web calculators. @.@ first coa generators

3 Likes

Hi Dear,

Some need -40℃, some need -60℃, some need -80℃, what cooling temperature do you need?

I never paid much attention to temps on my butane tank when I extracted. I would basically submerge my butane in dry ice for a good half hour or so before my flood… I would prob like it to be -60- -80. From what I have read dry ice is north of -100

-60 to -80 somewhere in that region

I thought you weren’t got at selling services. You’re great at it!

3 Likes

if you’re gonna play with chiller math, you need to settle on a scale. I suggest C rather than F.

dry ice sublimes at -78C

dry ice acetone hits that temp, dry ice + ethanol might be a couple or 4 degrees warmer at -74C

2 Likes

Thanks man, yeah after doing some digging on here I think I’m gonna try some experimenting with dry ice and a magnetic pump to circulate a subzero friendly liquid through the jacket. I think it might have been you that was talking about it in a post I came across last night :+1: After looking at some of the diffrent chillers im not certain now that will be a good option. Most of the bigger ones I came across seem to need 3 phase and are mind boggling expensive. I should have bought this stuff when I was actually making a decent income within this market years ago​:rofl:

1 Like

Make sure of two things (at a minimum): don’t get dry ice in your pump and make sure your pump is rated for flammable liquids and the temperature you’re going to be running at.

4 Likes

So not a pond pump?

Diaphragm pump that can handle -80°C - #3 by Dred_pirate

2 Likes

:+1: I’m going thru the threads now. Yes I agree with your advice with the minimum 2 things for sure. I came across a good discussion on them last night and now I cant find it. Someone was experimenting with different ethanol pumps i think it was @cyclopath. It seems there is not many options for pumps that meet those requirements.

Oh man, I read a few discussions with people using them. I cant see that working out well imo.

I’ve only tried a couple or six Cold ethanol pumps

the hive however has done a great job of exploring that particular problem.

(don’t neglect to explore the links underneath the first post…)

3 Likes