Looking for pentane.

5 gallons or less of pentane. Finding it locally would be ideal, in north Alabama. We are a small extraction lab, looking for the highest quality.
Thank you.

1 Like

I’m in minnesota and I want the same.

N-Heptane is cheaper why is pentane the must

1 Like

Pentane sucks. It tricks you into believing it’s a liquid, then BAM it’s evaporated. I second the heptane here.

6 Likes

Yeah has horrible pressure bc of that…I popped jar after getting the lid blew off. I’m still wondering the reason, when I was noob I thought I had to have pentane for projects. Got it now I use n heptane for these projects

What are those projects you use it for?

Well, I’m speaking from my first experience with LLE. First off I saw all the fumes and said fuck this, moved a setup outside and tried, basically couldn’t maintain a hydrocarbon layer in my sep funnel unless it was super cold, which reduces the water solubility of my compounds and defeats the purpose.

As an extraction solvent with specificity (like for terpenes) probably a better Chemical to have around—heptane terpene extraction sounds like a pain

5 Likes

LLE extraction as stated above pressure to high at room temp its dangerous…

like running butane through buchner funnel, only takes an idiot to do it :wink:

3 Likes

I have tons of it. If you call shop on am maybe I can arrange it for you.

1 Like

What’s price difference compared to n heptane though?

80 gal vs 80 L

My biggest LLE funnel is 3gal at least

7 Likes

I mean we have five gallon tubs avail. That’s the smallest. We don’t sell one gallons.

1 Like

Ok 5 gal n heptane vs 5 gal n pentane

Damn u @spdking everytime? Stop beating around the preverble bush

Best lab stand I’ve ever seen!

11 Likes

I only used pentane for CBD precipitation, and that was only in a proper reactor with a fume hood/ignition proof fixtures/blowers. I haven’t used that technique in awhile, but it was effective at 2:1 distillate:pentane, didn’t have much use for it otherwise.

I wouldn’t suggest putting something that volatile in a sealed container, especially outside of a proper flammable cabinet or fume hood, preferably the latter

I bought mine from Lab Alley and a few random vendors on ebay

1 Like

This is market prices but I’m sure if you call and ask the shop for a shipped quote you’ll get a more accurate answer. I’m not sure depending on shipping.

How do you like using heptane? I find outside of extraction it’s a little too low in volatility for some of my purposes. I like hexane as a middle ground of volatility between heptane and pentane, but is more on the toxic side and pentane is a little more non-polar than both. So at least for CBD precipitation I find hexane to be easier to purge than heptane and I use inhouse testing to verify that the hexane is well below ND.

2 Likes

i’m not working CBD homie, working “the magic bark”

4 Likes

Pentane has become one of my favorites. I would never use it again for LLE with water. There are many tricks I’ve posted about that make pentane ideal for terpenes such as LLE from methanol @TheGratefulPhil

4 Likes

You like that dont you…takes the weight like champ and put piece garbage furniture back in action

I’ve never seen anything like it… come up with it one night brain storming. I swear I need this industry for professional job

My dad was just diagnosed w colon cancer :disappointed_relieved:if something happens to him I’m making the move out west to the action

4 Likes

I’m so sorry brother. That’s gotta be hard.

If that time comes, I’ll have work for you

2 Likes