Looking for NMR testing service

Is there a industry go-to for NMR services?

A lot of colleges have NMRs.

I got an intro to them through U Albany.

https://www.albany.edu/chemistry/equipment-and-facilities

Members of the Chemistry department are charged at a rate of $9/h and users from outside the department at $30/h. New users must complete an initial NMR training session before using the instrument, regardless of past NMR experience. Training is available for first time users. The facility is used by the Physical Chemistry and Forensic Chemistry classroom laboratories.

I’m sure you can find similar where you are located.

And no - you don’t have to actually attend the university to get access. Make phone calls.

9 Likes

Acorn NMR in Livermore, CA, is one company offering such services.

2 Likes

depending on whether you are testing THC. Nobody that gets federal funding can work with anything federally illegal without risking losing the funding.

5 Likes

Right on. Good to know.

I would echo @raghanded and check your local or state universities. Many of them that have adequate research programs usually have an NMR.

As @anon64373531 stated, THC based products may be difficult but with many states legalizing medical and recreational THC use, you might be able to find a state university in a THC legal state that would do some testing for you on THC based products but it may be difficult for them to leverage any of their federal funding to put towards this.

2 Likes

Eurofins

They have pretty much everything in their network. “Hemp essential oil” should be fine which is what I’m assuming you want to look at but cannabinoids will limit your options a lot. IME it’s easier to look up the closest location and contact them directly with your question. Depending on what you’re trying to ID I may be able to provide some insight.

1 Like