Looking for Harvest right 5.1.18P firmware - lowest drying temps

What’s up ya’ll, been lurking for awhile but I’m hoping someone can help me out with making harvest right pay for their crimes against hash. Everyone knows harvest right sucks, but they’re cheap and until recently did a pretty decent job as long as they worked. Ever since the 5.0 firmware update for the pharma models, you cannot go below 40F tray temperature.

However, someone at harvest right messed up when they shipped 5.1.18P. I recently got two new dryers that came preloaded with this version and was pleasantly surprised when they were able to be set to lower drying temps ( looks like it goes down to -10F). Thinking that Harvest right changed their ways, I called them and asked for a copy of the new firmware. They informed me that they’re not handing it out due to bugs and recommending people downgrade to 5.1.17. I pressed them, and they admitted that the “bug” was unlocking lower dry temps reserved for the scientific models.

So I would like to update all of my freeze dryers to this firmware, as it’s giving me considerably greasier bubble. Does anyone have a copy of it? I’m thinking that there was a short period where they were handing it out before they realized.

I would recommend anyone with harvest rights to make the same update if we can find this firmware.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I could get you with one of the 3.x firmwares I like that one a lot

1 Like

There’s one of the older ones, 3.x - I use that one with a home unit personally - usually have my dry temps set to 30-35 and get good results so it doesn’t need to get down THAT low but that’s personal preference really. But either way it disables the dry temp limit which is what you’re needing pretty much

There’s a few videos on YT describing the install process - let me dig em up for you. Clean USB sticks help a lot for this, I remember this kept fucking up until I got a decent one that played nice with my HR.

Good luck my fraaaaaaaand

3 Likes

I thought Gabe started a thread with the link. I’ll summon him. :heart:

definitely interested, but not sure if that will work with pharma models.

1 Like

Thanks for this link, looks like it’ll be super helpful if I decide to go that route, do you know if this will work on a pharma unit as well?

also , you’re right about not needed to go thaaat low, but in my personal experience i’ve seen a difference of 30% in the testing value of terps when dried at 40F vs 15F, plus a clear difference in consistency, nose, etc. something to think about

1 Like

Not exactly sure since mine is a Home unit - I pulled that FW from a discord server a year or so ago, I do know they’ve discussed this quite a bit in the rosin subreddits but the signal to noise ratio there…yeah. I’m sure you understand. Hopefully someone who is using a pharma model with a modded FW will be able to speak up on this.

I’ve been told a lot of the differences in the home/pharma models of the harvest right are very close to eachother in terms of the actual operating hardware - the scientific models are the ones that are much much different i’ve been told but I won’t say that for 100% sure until I rip one open and see the guts myself.

3 Likes

Is there any way to steal the firmware off the ones that have the 5.1.18P FW? Are you able to download the firmware to a computer from the freeze dryer that has the 5.1.18P FW and then re-upload said stolen files to a different freeze dryer and do A firmware change?

1 Like

I TRIED IT AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!!! I MISS MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TERRIBLY

ed209comply

BUT…

I mean technically yes but you’d have to figure out a way to make it writable as flash roms (Read Only Memory) are usually read only until flopped over into writable but only after it wipes (see ‘flash’) the rom itself to make way for the new firmware.

I haven’t REALLY dug into what makes the HR tick since I only have one and I rely on it too much to play Frankenstein’s lab (even though I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BADLY. If anyone has a fucked up Harvest Right they want me to dissect for reference let me know. I’ll literally take it apart and make my own exploded view pictures to share for repair help) but you can conclude this is why you need to ‘arm’ the harvest right to get ready to overwrite the firmware. NOW. That is not saying you can’t or can read the FW file on there as some hardware manufacturers put blocks in your pathway to reading this information properly.

So these are USB headers - these are the general amount of connections needed to successfully transfer data with correct voltages, the pic below also tells you the difference regarding amperage and voltage abilities in different USB standards which adds a whole different level of difficulty in the job (aka without their schematic/wiring diagram it’s very hard to tell what standard each component works at unless it’s physically written on it).

Now this would be relatively pointless to mention if you could just plug a male-to-male USB cable and be done with it, right? You are correct! Pointless as fuck! BUT. There is a reason why we need to ‘arm’ these firmware files within the HR, because there more than likely is that ‘block’ we discussed between the straight USB connection and the flash ROM that would stop you from directly reading those files which is pretty common in FW driven devices these days SO you would have to look for the flash ROM chip, figure out what pin does what thing and then likely clamp or solder it to bare wires in a USB cord - probably bridging a few choice gaps. A very good example of this is video game console modchipping as a lot of them are firmware driven devices at their cores and a hacked firmware will usually give you unfettered filesystem access (see jailbreaking your phone as another example) to let you do whatever the fuck you want.

To be absolutely fucking honest what we NEED is a skilled programmer working in conjunction with someone that probably knows more than me about electronics/hardware so one can feed information to the other to make a functional, customizable firmware for HR models.

I miss my family and friends very much but if given another chance to piss of ED-209 i’d take it.

7 Likes

Then why not just make a firmware decoder specifically for HR devices instead of just going for one specific firmware if one had to do a soldering endeavor ? Something that breaks the firmware block like jailbreaking would and the enables one to reinsert a blank drive to harvest files from the harvest right.

… You’re right you need a nerd and a sacrificial HR

That would assume the FW is blocked the same way across all versions and would likely brick more machines than it would fix. That’s sort of like saying someone needs to make a key that opens all locks across the board - great idea but in practice that will destroy more than it remedies. To create that you would need pretty much every single HR model ever made (hardware revisions, not software but that would help) to be able to see the nuances in front of you when really the most effective FW hacks are combined toolkits which look at it generationally rather than focusing on an individual version/escalation attack

1 Like

i got 4.0.56 , does everything, let me know if you want it and ill figure out how to link it to you

Hey man I’m having a hard time finding a good firmware link could you send me that version? Thanks

1 Like

This is the 4 . XXXXXX firmware btw.

Follow these instructions

Have a great weekend - Hope you make some fuckin` fire!

2 Likes

I would love a link to this download as well, just got a new freeze dryer and I cant find links anywhere to older software

I would like this very much! Having trouble finding a working link to a version I need

Unzip it onto an empty usb drive, 8-16gb works best for some reason it hates big ones then put the usb stick into the harvest right prior to booting up. Some HRs have options to update the firmware by hand. There was a youtube channel that had all this posted but it got deleted for some reason so you might have some googling to do

If you have a better version than the ‘home’ model chances are you don’t need this and you just need to turn the final dry temps down

3 Likes

Youre the man dude, appreciate it a lot

1 Like

Sorry to bring up an older thread but does anyone still have access to the older firmware? The links are dead and the unit we just got needs to go lower.

THank you kindly for anyone who may be able to help!