Looking for guidance to increase flow through crc column when using powders

Whites are selling out quickly

In that case Perform 6000 is the clay for your market. It is the most inexpensive, aggressive, acidic clay that I have tried. We used some for absolute junk material, normal material does not need that level of super low pH clay.

2 Likes

roger…so helpful.

The fact it’s very acidic (around 2 pH) normally means it has very high adsorption capacity and the thca will crash out quickly. Therefore it is very good at removing compounds including colors flavonoids and to some extent terpenes. Plus your thca crashes out of solution quicker than non acidic clays, but that’s not good/bad since you are making badder/crumble with some heat it looks like.

I am certainly no expert, but why not try b80 if you want to stay with Chemtek media, and change media more often? The final product won’t be as bleached and will have a more true to the plant profile.

1 Like

This is surprising to me. Much of the feedback from BHO buyers these days seems to reflect they are tired of the stripped material and no longer seek bright yellow to white and now go after the FSE even if it’s darker. This could be just limited to the places Ive been around

White badder moves quick these days yes, once the buyers know it’s real and not another wild random mixture of cbg isolate or something. Didn’t mean to question why you’d want to strip so much color, I’ve had many buyers who have been sold stuff closer to the white color that is often cut both with hemp isolates and HTE stretched with botanicals and ruins our clients bias toward real bho when it’s heavily stripped of color.

Yellow became hard to move about 2-3 months ago. Creamy/white keeps selling out.

Most hash makers and snobs don’t want to admit that the majority of the market is moving tword a “pure market” it’s obvious that a majority of the uncultured american swine just want a miller lite.

3 Likes

Dont know if this helps but in my case, i just get my solvent cold about -60F to -80F, then if i have 2 material columns, i start pushing my solvent at 25 psi for my fist column, then i increase the psi up to 50 when am going to the next material column. When i reach my CRC column, i just increase it again 5 psi, it means that my psi is at 55 now.
I turn on my co2 for the material column when my solvent already passed the CRC column filter, getting my solvent and my material columns gives me a lot of issues, also i have to mention that i use nitrogen to push my solvent.

My material columns are 6 inch, filter plates 20um for live, 10 um for cured, paper filter on each material column, on my CRC column i use a 5 um for live, 2 um for cured, also i use filter paper.

Hope this helps you!

So I do basically the same as you 10lb 6x48 open jackets I push with nitrogen at 90psi fills sight glass and as I dump into recovery I keep pushing through with more nitrogen holding the 90 psi point once recovery is full I start my recovery this is all done passive no pumps

With cold gas on dry ice iso slurry you can even push with warm on you jackets to build pressure and flow