Looking for Feedback

A colleague put this together. I would like some honest feedback:Botanical Extraction Products.pdf (3.1 MB)

Are these items useful in the lab?
Who is your current source for these items?
Does this remind you of something else you need?

All constructive feedback appreciated in advance!

2 Likes

Add metal keck clips, ptfe sleeves for ground glass joints, ground glass thermometers in various lengths, hydrometer for etoh with test jar,
packings for distillation heads, gl threaded adapters, kf series vacuum valves and vacuum parts, pump oils, Hoses for peristaltic pumps ext!:grin:

2 Likes

Ad a cryo sublimation. Apparatus
@Beaker s glasswear of choice
Amazing product he creates.
and the fact that one onlyneeds small amounts to get started make iT a great setup for personal users and beginners
I personaly never worked with iT
But his results speak for them self

3 Likes

I get a few requests from time to time for a list of stuff to try to replicate my micro tech. The one item I think would be a nice addition would be Nalgene hose in the popular sizes. The stuff is made for vacuum and is very thick wall but also is a dream to work with. It flexes easily and stays put and is easily cut with a pair of cloth scissors. It can be heated to autoclave temps no problem as well. Amazon providers charge $17 per foot for the ¼" ID thick wall stuff and the ten feet I ordered a few years back is still more than enough to couple steel to glass.

I would also like to see replacement KF-16 and KF-25 centering devices and clamps. The o-rings in the centering devices do have a life limit and the clamps can and do break when the operator… me … tightens too much before learning to hand tighten only. Having spares is handy because the lead time from Amazon can be several days for this sort of thing at least. Centering devices with screens installed are hard to find and also nice for protecting the vacuum sensor.

Kimwipes too from small to large as well. I blow through those pretty fast just in my hobby lab.

3 Likes