Looking for CBG clones or seeds

I think they mean selfing vs creating a true breeding variety

Can you explain more? Do you mean like planting as is vs breeding up or breeding fem seeds?

Selfing is basically the closest thing to getting clone-like stability in seed form without creating a true breeding variety. Selfing is the same as creating feminized seeds but you apply the female derived pollen to the same plant/clone of the pollen came from. Can create stability of certain traits but runs risks due to extreme inbreeding

1 Like

selfing is the same thing as feminizing, your just using a different “feminized” female or female in general but the pollen is still XXy feminized strains still carry the Y chromosome its just 1/1000 -1/10000 ish

2 Likes

So what’s the best method for breeding ? Are you better off with mixed phenos of a strain. Breed to the mixed phenos of the same strain? Or pheno to pheno?

1 Like

You find the pheno you like and cross it back to itself with a reversal solution. That way you have an exact replica. If you cross different plants even when feminizing you will produce a variation of seeds

2 Likes

Gotcha

Selfing is a type of feminized seed production, but a lot of people use reversed pollen as a father to a different genotype, so not all feminized seeds are the product of selfing

To make a true breeding variety takes a long time of selective breeding with great scrutiny. It’s a lot easier to just self the plant and create instant consistency, but also comes with greater risks like all other undesirable traits besides the ones you selfed for popping up (mold resistance, mite resistance, heat/cold tolerance, “hermaphroditism” etc) and also, to my understanding, weird mutations can arise from this as well. If you want to create a legacy strain that will still be available in the same phenotype in 50 years, you want to do the long and slow. If you want consistency now, you gotta self or clone

4 Likes

Thank you now I’m understanding it. So if I want the same stuff as the “strain” I get with how all the hemp is aka tons of different phenos. I just take a like 10-20% of the seeds and breed them to the rest and it will be like what I got in the original bag. But if I want a true champion in selecting the best and I put those with the best and same pheno. And then I narrow it down having a
More consistent same pheno type and not the hemp style mixed bag. Correct?

1 Like

Pretty much, but there is something to be said for genetic diversity as well. I’ll share a breeding story I read on icmag, hold on…

1 Like

Sorry for the image quality, I’ll post the page link in case its too bad. Its a screenshot of a picture on icmag of a printout of overgrow, recorded by raco, then randy california, then me, then probably someone else later. This is very similar to the way Malana has been bred selectively for generations (human generations!) to become a unique, high quality and consistent strain (and also kept away from outsiders!) (

2 Likes

Super forum inception

4 Likes

I mean …
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=362411

(Buddha seeds is in development of 15% cbg 0.00% thc

5 Likes

as @Future noted this is analytics from Crawford that was decarbed, de-gassed, and with a decent amount of “sugars” removed

Have you tested the current 10,000 starts you have? Are they legit?

Crawford brother genetics have yet to disappoint! true test will be at end of harvest when we see what 1.01M seeds planted out yields. but the crude I’ve tested is 100% on point. Can’t reveal too much more at this point.

4 Likes

too be clear for any one not understanding, modern US hemp strains are NOT derived from “hemp” strains as was known in the US pre-1937. The rest of the world (for the most part) are still dealing with true industrial hemp strains, and are drooling over getting US genetics (China).

3 Likes

:100: they are medical strains bred right. Why we have to keep them outta thier hands.

1 Like

The Chinese bought the Crawford’s already

1 Like