Looking for bulk Delta 8 THC diluted until it is compliant according to KCA labs

I’m aware KCA labs is “doing it right” when it comes to Delta 8 THC testing, so we’re looking for a producer who is willing to dilute their distillate until it is compliant and able to be sent through the mail.

For example: Your distillate tested 96% delta 8 THC / 3% delta 9 at KCA labs, we’d need you to dilute that down to a 9.6% delta 8 / 0.3% delta 9 mixture. The remaining 87.4% should be CBD distillate, or it could even be something like vegetable glycerin. OR if you could make it into a water soluble mixture we’d pay extra.

We are in this for the long run and will be long term buyers. We don’t want to get fucked over early on for selling non-compliant Delta 8 (even if it seems compliant). Come at me with your offers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

USDA Hemp Rules: A Handbook for Hemp & CBD Businesses: “all noncompliant hemp and hemp products must be destroyed and can’t be used in any way”– “even in states that allow both marijuana and hemp production.” Get a copy of the handbook and study if your seriously in it for the long run

7 Likes

Really. Are you serious?

3 Likes

Legalities aside, did you seriously say you’re okay with 87.4% of it being vegetable glycerin? I can understand offering a D8-rich CBD product (blending D8 with the CBD disty to give a unique product). However, I fail to see how exactly your value proposition would be for a product which was over 85% inert filler?

That is, if you intended to be honest on your label…

1 Like

I think @TraphouseFish is just trying to be creative to stay legal. Maybe he didn’t intend for it to be “inert filler”. Technically, simply diluting a hemp product isn’t legal, but I get the spirit and appreciate wanting to #levelup legally in the D8 game.

4 Likes

Fair. I shouldn’t jump to conclusions. I have a bad taste in my mouth from Honeycutt and friends, but I shouldn’t allow it to result in me losing objectivity.

4 Likes

Thank you!! That’s all I’m trying to do. Didn’t realize diluting it wasn’t legal when I wrote the post, to me it seemed logical. Honestly, I don’t see why it isn’t legal but the law is the law…

1 Like

Yes I did seriously say that. The resulting solution would be mixed into a syrup or some other edible product. We have had good results mixing distillate with vegetable glycerin and then mixing that into other things.

Of course were not just going to go and sell our vegetable glycerin spiced with delta 8 haha. And yes, of course we would be honest on our label.

2 Likes

Your right, I should get a copy and study it and I will. I just thought it was logical that diluting it until it is compliant would be legal.

My logic is this: Most of these labs that are testing delta 8 and coming back saying it’s compliant are also ISO accredited, KCA labs is only pending ISO accredidation. If seemingly compliant delta 8 distillate was going to be diluted to be truly compliant, the lab doing the dilution could get a test from an ISO accredited lab that is also approved by the states industrial hemp program. Then, with that test showing the distillate is “compliant”, I don’t see anything wrong with diluting it to be TRULY compliant and I don’t think the government will either.

While the law says “all noncompliant hemp and hemp products must be destroyed and can’t be used in any way”, it also says that hemp should be tested by an ISO accredited lab to confirm it is compliant, and ISO accredited labs are doing exactly that. So if an ISO lab says it’s compliant, but then KCA labs says otherwise, is it really illegal to dilute the product to comply according to KCA’s results?

Diluting seems reasonable to me because of the fact that ISO accredited labs are testing delta 8 as compliant, and because of that there are several company’s selling their so called compliant products over the internet. If it really came down to it, the people diluting their product aren’t the ones that are gonna bite the dust.

Do you get my point? And am I wrong to think about it like this?

1 Like

Like @MagisterChemist said in another thread “Who cares if four labs said it was compliant; the DEA will get it tested at ONE lab when they seize it, and if it reads d9, they aren’t going to give a crap if you have four COAs that didn’t. If even one lab is reading non-compliant then it’s a product you can’t count on.”

Step one: Get test results from those 4 ISO accredited labs saying it is compliant
Step two: Get test results from KCA with the true delta 8 / delta 9 percentage
Step three: Dilute down distillate to be compliant according to the non-accredited KCA labs
Step four: Wait for DEA to seize your product and get it tested at one lab, just for it to come back as compliant
Step five: Pray you don’t go to jail for diluting your distillate to make up for the mistakes of various ISO accredited labs…
Step six: Watch company’s like 3chi (ones who don’t bother making up for those mistakes) burn
Step seven: Profit, cause why in the hell would anyone be worried about you diluting down your distillate while company’s like 3chi are thriving.

1 Like

By that logic no hemp product in the entire world is legal, because they all went through a stage of being noncompliant before they were remediated. I believe this clause only refers to products for sale, not steps of intermediate processing in-house.

3 Likes

The instant you test your batch and its not compliant its trash and federally illegal and must be destroyed and can’t be used in any way
(dilution= verb: a word used to describe an action, state, or occurrence) even in states that allow both marijuana and hemp production.

1st remediation must occur before batch testing I know it sucks but if you want to protect yourself and your assets its safe to say almost all hemp products are in fact illegal​:hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:and regardless of how @TraphouseFish trys to think his way around the laws they are what they are and it won’t just be 3chi getting visits from the feds

Batch testing is not the same as r&d testing though. You can get a self-prepared sample tested at a lab, or in house, without having to do qualifying testing on the entire batch.

1 Like

There it is, I think that’s the answer I was looking for :slight_smile:

Batch testing is supposed to be done at an ISO accredited lab anyway, correct? KCA labs isn’t even ISO accredited yet…

@TraphouseFish it depends on where you’re based. We’re performing state regulatory testing without the need for ISO, because the analytical methods and technical ability outweigh verification of a document management system by a third party.

2 Likes

Reddit is leaking.

3Chi burning and obsessed with KCA? Steve, is that you?

2 Likes

1 Like

We supply this (I’m not a slanger so this is not an advertisment).

Just wanted to say this is the way to go.
Get it diluted in ethanol or MCT and use that as your bulk mix.

I believe making a 1:1 or a 1:3 or 1:10 with CBD makes it even easier to demonstrate it is compliant hemp oil vs a pure D8 product.

A heads up though - you’ll find most batches of “compliant” D8 are actually 5-20% D9 if tested by a competent lab, not 3% so don’t underestimate the amount of dilution required.

Diluting in ethanol to ship is an easy way to do this for WIP concentrate between labs.

For consumers a non-concentratable solvent such as MCT would be more appropriate.

Basically you are looking for a bulk tincture in this case.