Looking for a specific type of glass slide bowl.....help please

I had a wonderful 14mm glass slide bowl, and I have broken it.

Being glass, I knew that it would get broken eventually. I therefore have spent numerous hours searching for a similar replacement, before the fact. I have not found any slides that are similar. The picture below is for reference, it is not what I want.

This picture shows a standard bowl, with a conical center, and a single hole at the bottom. While the exterior shape is what I want, the bowl needs to be different.

The piece that I broke had a round bottom bowl area, with 8 slots through the glass, around the interior sides of the bowl. These are not small holes, poked through the glass. It appears that the slots were cut before the bowl shape was formed. The image below is the closest that I have found, but it is not right (plus it has that bottom hole where mine was solid)

The problem with sucking plant material through is mostly eliminated by the slot design. I’m really going to miss that bowl.

If anyone has seen this type of bowl, please let me know where they can be purchased, or suggest a product name

Do you have a picture of the broken original?

Contact a glass blower in your area and bring them the broken piece. A good blower can make anything you want.

Unfortunately , when I dropped it, it just exploded. There was nothing left to rescue, and I do not have any pictures. Should have thought ahead, but did not.

It is probable that I will eventually have to look up a local glass blower, but was hoping that someone here might know what I am referring to, and may have seen them for sale somewhere.

i haven’t seen em before, but possibly @david could make you one. He usually does lab glass but i don’t see how it would matter particularly

A hash bowl? These were my favorite way to smoke melt back in the day before nails and swings became a thing.

https://biohazardinc.com/products/14mm-hash-bowl-with-handle-clear

2 Likes

Dug through the trash. Found that the bowl portion did not shatter.

Actually, I am intrigued by the design. Examining the bowl fragment shows that those slots were not poked through the hot glass, but were cut through.

That alone is nothing, but the cut marks are on the inside portion. The cuts would have been enclosed by the glass bulb, leaving the interior of the actual bowl area smooth.

Curious…no good idea about how the slots were cut, if it was just a 14mm stem piece, to begin with.

The only way I can think of is to use 2 pieces, a partially formed bubble, with the joint attached, and a separate pre-formed and cut bowl. Fuse them together and press in to complete the bubble.

Very cool design, never seen that before? What state are you in? I know the guy at my local glass shop blows glass, maybe you can have someone like that make you a new one?

I am located in Ohio, between Dayton and Cincinnati. I found it in a local shop, but it was the only one. I have returned to the same shop, and asked about them, but still no luck. They didn’t recall where they got it from.

Yes, the design is very unique, and quite functional, as well. Everything gets burned, but none of the ashes go into the water. The small amount that does get through, gets stuck on the inner wall of the bubble.

Somebody made this thing, just hope it gets recognized. I want to get more than one. I will definitely get some made by a local glass blower, if I am unable to locate any for sale. However, I would definitely prefer to support the original artist. Might see if my remnant bowl can be reattached to a new stem and bubble.

Cleaned the bowl fragment.

You want whats called a pinch slide. The hand made ones have the sides poked in like the ice catcher part of a bong.

You have a manufactured version where its more like a disk with holes

Manifest glassworks will send you one for $25 PayPal. I’m in the hills so I cannot help with links or pictures. I have to PayPal them when I get off the hill because I just broke mine, but I’m using a backup right now that looks similar to yours, but with a flat bottom

1 Like

About tree fiddy

https://marijuanapackaging.com/products/14mm-star-screen-bowl-green?_pos=2&_sid=cc4066147&_ss=r

I have been looking everywhere for the green bowl in the picture with the 2 pack. Could you please link where you found it!?