Looking for a house to rent

So I know it’s a long shot, but thought I’d see if anyone knows of a cheap house to rent in the country with a friendly landlord, if you know what I mean. Hoping for something in NW Illinois so I can stay close to my daughter and grow a few plants.

Something in SW Wisconsin would be cool too. Couldn’t grow any weed, but I’d still be close to my daughter. I’d be totally interested in the perfect place in Michigan, but it would hard to be that far away.

Just thought I’d put this out there on the slim chance someone knows of something available asap. Long story short, a series of unfortunate events has left me with 30 days to figure out where I’m going with a house full of stuff and get me and my pets out of what I thought was my home. I don’t need any money, and I’m not in danger of being in the street. I just want to find a place that will work before the snow flies. Worst case scenario, I rent some storage sheds and couch surf with family for a while till I find something worth renting.

8 Likes

Man that’s rough. Not something I can help with, but all the good vibes and well wishes coming your way. If a stern letter may get you more time to figure things out though hit me up—or if things get more dire, you’ve got a couch to surf in Texas for as long you need it. Best of luck my friend, hope it all works out.

5 Likes

Thanks dude, I really appreciate the thoughts. No need for a stern letter. I want to leave this place gracefully. The landlord is very nice, and has been more than amazing. I’d just stay here, but my now ex girlfriend got her own place. Her name was on the lease here, and due to my record, they can’t have me in the lease. They run a business that they don’t want tarnished with my bad name due to my felony for growing pot. I will respect them and their wishes, ya know.

6 Likes

Glad to hear you made the best choice for yourself! Sorry about the little shit, but you’ll move through it. The only way out of hell is directly through it…

1 Like

Way up north upper peninsula of Michigan 5 hours from Chicago 1-2 hours from Green Bay it’s god’s country lots of fresh water and animals but real estate is still cheap

3 Likes

That’s a tough ask but there’s lots of land out there once you head 70 miles from Chicago

1 Like

Yep, copy that. There now for sure. I have some optimism left, somewhere. I’ll find it soon enough. This is merely another huge change amongst a series of recent huge changes in my life. One of em had to be bad sooner or later with everything else going so right.

The UP has been on my mind for a few years now. This could finally be my chance to get there. It’s been my dream, but out of reach because I could never get the whole family on board with moving. Now that it’s just me, I’m free. I work from home now, so I can move anywhere with good internet. Nothing to hold me back except me still holding on…

Idk, I’ll figure it out. I’m super grateful for you guys, thanks! Onwards and upwards

4 Likes

move to a lake so we can go fishing. get a place off the beaten path and we can do an outdoor run. Ill do the growing.

3 Likes

I got halfway through tha and??? your nice landlord wont allow you to be an ex felon??? fuck her. my landlord is nice but i think she got screwed by tenants taking advantage of covid so she is quitting renting to residential. Sux, they never visited so i coulda taken advantage but was just like a closet type grower. Now i need to move by next year. i got a years notice… i coudve hooked you up but her houses dont rent cheap. I gotta find a place but its opposite of you- I need to get out of illinois.

2 Likes

@BigM I will reach out to my contacts in those areas and try to help. I have a lot of respect for you and I really appreciate all the positive energy always flowing from your character. This tough situation will turn into a beautiful opportunity, I just know it.

6 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement and looking out!

2 Likes

Its cheap for a reason- they all act like me- o shuld move to the UP. I thump and fish and get drunk and stoned all day up there and fit in. Up is an option for me to move to for sure

2 Likes

I own a fourplex on ki sawyer 3 bedroom full basement and garage everyone growing in the apartments 1/2 hour from Marquette 1/2 hour from escanaba in the middle definitely use a good extraction person up here you could make a good living doing what you love and you can grow out side I have 6 greenhouse lots of opportunities

6 Likes

That actually sounds pretty nice. I’m not an apartment dweller for sure, but could handle a fourplex with cool neighbors. A garage and a usable basement are on my checklist for a perfect place, along with 2+ bedrooms.

I am totally dedicated to SD, and it will take a force of geological proportions to take me away from them. It is good to know there’s options. Even better to know there’s a possibility of a side job as entertainment. Never work a day in your life if you love what you do.

1 Like

I envision a townhome of growers in a HUGE mansion but have privacy and can grow. a townhome is basically a huge house. Does anyone know people who have just bought it all as a house? My landlord is so baller that in every town in the burbs here theres streets with her name and she owns all of it. Shes getting out of residential though. She owns every mall near me including walmart. thats why she was so nice- im not on the radar.

wisconsin should legalize soon. maybe stay there or go to indiana when they legalize. Illinois sux.

if you have a landlord that doesnt care then the 5 plant thing isnt relevant. I dont think you can just grow weed just because you are medical though. most landlords would say no but at least you wont go to jail. Did you know your felony weed is an asset though? you need that or to be ethnic or live in a bad hood and all that adds up to getting a legal comercial grow in IL. I check off a few boxes.

I don’t wanna sound like a shill or anything but I was able to get one of the beta units for Starlink and I live kinda in the middle of nowhere. It’s pretty dope, and you can take it with you when you move. They work pretty much anywhere there isn’t obstructions.

2 Likes

In Michigan with a pot felony it helps if you go get a micro license or what ever kind it saves you half the cost never thought that felony would be useful they also have the clean slate deal to remove the felony’s there are lots of people looking for caregivers or caretakers for there grows you can be a caregiver for 5 people and your self so that’s 72 plants

2 Likes

I know a spot in Quincy Illinois. Dirt road. Private. Land. Basement. easy landlord. close to airport. lmk if you think that might work for you.

4 Likes