Looking for a D9 SOP

Rocket seals, you know they’re gonna last a long long time…

8 Likes

Except challenger, yeah no that one was wrong
…but their rocket seals…

I’m not the cannabinoid I was at home
Was CBD, now I am D9

They say kalrez is kinda like viton
Kinda but it’s got more fluorine on

Molten sodium, that shit is gone!
Yeah they’re rocket seals

7 Likes

Burning out O-rings has slowed way down :rocket:

2 Likes

Fuckin love you guys!! So DCM it is in conjunction with kalrez seals. I’ve been using brewers QD fittings for my 1/2in lines and pressure washer fittings for my 1/4in QD fittings. All of ‘‘em with nylon reinforced PVC tubing by the roll. It works well enough but gets stiff after a while when using alkanes. I was thinking of going with AN8 PTFE fuel lines which have stainless and nylon braiding, but it’s looking like anywhere from 5-10$/ft. Was curious if anyone had suggestions for something affordable as we like to make up several lines to keep on hand/hot swap when needed.

strongly suggest using ebay for kalrez - full price kalrez is like $100+ per seal if you go through aceglass or dupont or whoever formally distributes them.

3 Likes

We do 90% + and little to no delta 8 at 15kg every 30 minutes.

1 Like

You should use 5% alcl3 in .33:1 DCM:CBD. Everything is going to turn red don’t panic. Let this run around 0C for 30 minutes. You will see exotherm but it is fine with 0C. 30minutes done now it’s time to work up. You need to precipitate salt out without forming a bunch of HCL gas. The work up is where the fun really begins. Also remember that no matter how hard you hit that LLE you need a final step to ensure everything is clean and you don’t go straight to d8 during distillation. It will be slow to separate. That’s normal. Be very patient with your clean up. it pays off. By the time you hit the rotovap for solvent recovery you will have a golden oil. 92+%. Send me a message if you want to talk about it further.

18 Likes

not too mention the possibility of catching your lab on fire…

2 Likes

We ran another benchtop RXN yesterday at the ratios given but at 1:1 solvent. I prechilled solvent and CBD, but did not have active cooling on the beaker. It exothermed to 27C and settled back at 20C. After 30min at high stir, we still had ~50% CBD remaining. We will try heating the solvent to emulsify in lower solvent concentration and then run in a chilled beaker today to see how that changes the RXN. I can’t help but think that 1:3 DCM:CBD is a bit high but am willing to give it a try. Workup was fun yet manageable!

Please be careful neglecting active chilling. I am not even sure how you managed that especially if you quenched correctly. You are asking for a runaway reaction. Mine will run to 50-60C easy. As shown from today’s run. Notice it’s not all red and ridiculous during quench. That’s why you go with the real SOP instead of an attempted counterfeit. :grimacing: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Make sure your given parameters make sense dcm at these temps is doubtful

6 Likes

Not sure what that’s about, but I appreciate you sharing your parameters. We are not new at designing SOPs and my favorite part is optimizing existing ones. Generally I only need a few details and I can implement the rest. We will be monitoring this one much closer with GC samples taken every 15min. Should be able to plot a RXN progress curve on the 4 pertinent cannabinoids.

1 Like

it will run the exotherm to about 50C but if you wanna be doubtful and deal with a runaway by all means have fun. It’s quite annoying to try to help and then be met with contempt so often. Best of luck.

The boiling point of DCM
Is 40 C how I’m heavens name unless under pressure Wich is doubtful om a glass reactor as shown do you get. To 50 C

I am yust laying back I have gotten your numbers and yust don t want to hurt anyones income but when folks think your running DCM boiling it at 50-60C is
Should make them wonder as well the fact that your organic layer floats on top
Gives a hint but by all means please proceed

7 Likes

OH lol! I apologize. You got me!!! At first I thought you were serious. I was like…wait. What? Now I can tell you are just trolling me! You are soooo right. :relaxed: You got it. Nice one.

O boy Roiplek s back :grin:

9 Likes

buy glg membership

Also looking for a solid SOP. And some equipment questions. Building out a new facility.

Are you using dcm when doing 15kg batches with alcl3?

1 Like

When your quench gives gold

on alcl3 from the get go

11 Likes