Long Term Cognitive Impairment with Cannabis Use

Curious to hear thoughts on this paper:

The study found that cannabis intoxication leads to small to moderate cognitive impairments in areas including

• making decisions,
  • suppressing inappropriate responses,
  • learning through reading and listening,
  • the ability to remember what one reads or hears, and
  • the time needed to complete a mental task.

^these are symptoms of chronic pain, which cannabis alleviates.

3 Likes

at a glance, i see them admit:

-evidence is of low to moderate quality

-effects is reversible with time

i think we already knew all of this.
if you spend all day stoned for a long time, its gonna take a bit to balance out

I forgot what I was going to say.

30 Likes

Gonna smoke this bowl and try to remember

10 Likes

Me too?

1 Like

Butthole.

22 Likes

•I’m definitely much better at not telling people to go fuck themself when I’m high. This study is obviously flawed🤣

13 Likes

you think fuck you though. non stoners fail at all those things and have less fun and are more uptight. Im an ahole but havent met many impressive humans that I would look up to. I get a laugh at people with a lame college degree that think they are above so called min wage workers. Those office workers cant get shit done. almost everything done right is by stoners.

1 Like

Regardless of the substance used for a long time, it can lead to changes in “drug tolerance” in the central nervous system, and stopping or reducing the dose may cause drug withdrawal symptoms to occur.
We should give credit to the medicinal benefits of cannabis. Long-term cannabis consumption may cause physiological changes. When the body becomes accustomed to cannabis and its derivatives, the discomfort of suddenly giving up is bound to affect people struggling with this addiction.

Check and mate. I’ll just go head and delete my account now

1 Like

there is a stereotypical dumb stoner but i think they are just dumb people. Im sneaky like that because i come across as a typical dumb stoner but im not as simple as I seem. Im leveling you. I had to google that term and i misused it, in poker it means this and thats how i meant it- leveling people poker - Google Search

2 Likes

Me: started smoking at 19 heavily
BSCh at 30, MS at 32, PhD at 39
still waiting for all that use to catch up to me.

6 Likes

I aced my higher maths and couldn’t have been any higher.

2 Likes

This is interesting, I think anything you consume on a daily basis is going the have some kind of effect. Caffeine is said to cause depression, anxiety, and other things. I have been smoking since 19 so I obviously can’t compare with not smoking not term but I will say, I run circles around mostly everyone at my job. My 2 cents is alot of it depends on the person.

I would expect that there are many neurological phenotypes, and would therefore expect a distribution of different effects for any given drug agent.

1 Like

I pretty much stopped smoking after like 20 years of hardcore stoning… Don’t feel that much smarter really. Just more on point with some finer details of paperwork. But definitely not as out of the box creative. And I’ll admit life is pretty gd boring now.

Also long working hours weigh on me more heavily then when I was smoking and could just get blazed and not care about working long…

2 Likes

A systematic review published today in the scientific journal Asshats has found that conservatism leads to acute cognitive impairments that may continue beyond the period of intoxication.

2 Likes

SO YOU MEAN I’LL NEVER BE A FUCKING ACROBAT!?!?!?! WHAT A FUCKING RIP OFF, FUCKING BULLSHIT WEED

At least I still have my future in interpretive ballet dancing…unless…

2 Likes

There is little information on the neurocognitive and neurophysiological effects of cannabis. Preliminary neuroimaging studies in mainly non-psychotic populations show that cannabis does not affect gross brain anatomy. Cannabis does, however, acutely increase cerebral blood flow and long-term exposure causes an overall reduction of cerebral blood flow.