Long skinny collection pot vs wider shorter

Thats how i figure my stuff out

3 Likes

I can almost guarantee thatā€™s not a common size to build. Itā€™s for shit sure gonna cost a fortune to ship something like that in 1 piece.

I got a rude awakening with the long spool shipping cost with @bg305 4x 4ā€x48ā€ spools. The 4ft boxes cost a fortune sending from China.

3 Likes

Not very common at all. The closest I can see a 10 in equaling a 12x24 is 10x34.5. Both have about the same volume.

Do they do 10x12 in jacketed spools(would need 3)? If so can see this more cost effective then just 2 12x12 jacketed spools?

You could alway just add a 12x12 spool and reduce with a different spatter platter

I donā€™t fully understand what you mean. My goal is a fully jacketed collection. Are you saying use the 12x12 spool I have and get a reducer for a jacketed splatter platter?

Add another jacketed spool and jaketed platter to you existing 12" spool that would be the cheapest way to go, or you could ask @Killa12345 about something like this

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/150l-304ss-jacketed-collection-and-storage-vessel-with-locking-casters-and-12-tri-clamp-port.html

1 Like

So have the splatter platter and jacketed spool on the bottom and the in non jacketed spool I have on top? This might be the route I go

1 Like

How much do you think it will affect the running of the system not having the whole thing jacketed. Ie only the bottom half getting cold or hot

Honestly i dont even think i would run a jacketed platter unless it had a pour spout

1 Like

Why is that

Unhooking ports to do your pour

3 Likes

Honestly I catch myself scraping way more then I pour.

1 Like

Still have to unhook. quik connect might be a cool way to do that

2 Likes

Yes in the passed Killa suggested poppit connections

1 Like

Am I not making the proper move here? Should I just stick to my collection I already have going on? (12x24 not jacketed) and just keep using a trashcan of dry Ice?

1 Like

These eventually leakā€¦i got a supplier for these but i wouldnt use them on one of my own system againā€¦

Your looking for Iso-B Poppet QD. The problem is oil gets in the poppet part of the fitting causing leaks and sticky portsā€¦

I hate these things and stopped using them just as fast as i bought them.

http://ph.parker.com/us/en/quick-couplings-hydraulic-up-to-5000-psi-iso-7241-series-b-60-series-couplers

This is what your looking for in SS and Florocarbon seals. They are about 100$ a set if not from China

3 Likes

I dig the bvv thing, it has all kinds of potential. And there is also a larger one

Are you talking about quick connects for the jackets with warm water or quick connects for the gas linesā€¦?

I was speaking for hot water cold iso