Live resin yields

Why not just sell the flower? Seems like it had to be more profitable no?

Extract > flower

5 Likes

Good extracts go for slightly more than good flower in my area. Nog running any indoors unless it’s trim over here

Kinda more like flower > extracts over here

2 Likes

Indoor nug run is worth about 20-40 a gram wholesale if you run it to rosin. No reason the bho should go for less. Too bad nobody will pay for it. Guess I’ll just smoke it

7 Likes

Extract tends to be $400 an oz

Flower I see, indoor, is usually $200 oz

Depends on your demographic too. In my area people prefer both, usually flower though for consistent use whereas extracts are the once in a blue moon.

In my old Wisconsin hometown, people preferred flower, rarely extracts.

In my area, I don’t know a single person who would want flower over extracts. Maybe it’s just the people I know, idk. I’m a hermit.

2 Likes

It’s a mix with my friend group. They all smoke both but mostly flower unless I bring extracts or a cart with. They do at home occasionally but it’s not as often as I do, I’m dabbing more than I smoke flower currently.

I do prefer extracts, but I also love my flower too.

My boss for example, he says he dabs a lot, but when I rolled up with some of the extracts and dabbed him up, after a few rounds he tapped out and his gf only took one dab, I took a few more after, and he complimented the extracts. Said he hadn’t had any like it before lol. I don’t think my boss dabs a lot a lot lol.

1 Like

I think it’s mainly the inconvenience of Dabs. I hear they have decent pens for extracts now but most people relate dab pens with the shitty ones that came out 20 years ago that tasted Like glue and only have u a quarter of a hit

2 Likes

It is 100% the inconvenience in my opinion. 2 reasons, firing up a torch is scary for some people and it looks like you’re smoking crack at first glance, when you’re not, and most aren’t used to taking dabs in general. Second being, sourcing extracts that are truly clean and safe to use.

Both of those are the reasons why I believe most people prefer flower. Flower is easier to consume and less potent and easier to find. There’s still stigma around concentrates to some demographics.

2 Likes

Puffco Peak and the like are good for dabbing on the go nowadays, much better than the old style Yocan pens.

I do agree that it’s easier to use flower outside the home as opposed to extracts, but if I had a choice (and don’t have to clean the nail) I prefer dabbing.

1 Like

Its great. As they say Fire in fire out.

2 Likes

when you have large indoor grows that are harvesting 1000+ lbs per room every other week it gets had to accommodate for all of the room needed for drying and curing. Sometimes its just easier for them to give it to me to freeze and run instead of drying and curing. Or sometimes the grow has a small problem that decreases their potential potency and instead of selling a product that doesn’t meet their high standards they sell it to me to run. There are tons of reasons why. Those are just a few of the top of my head.

5 Likes

That makes sense

1 Like

Yields are also highly dependent on the moisture content of the material being ran

For example:

The typical moisture content of the fresh frozen I run is 80%. This is determined by weighing a small of the material right at harvest then drying that material til it is bone dry and re weighing. You will obviously lose terpenes and other volatiles in the process but it will give you a decent idea.

If the garden were to lighten up or stop watering before harvest there would be less moisture in the plant resulting in a higher ratio of resin.

Say 10lbs (4540g) of fresh frozen with a moisture content of 80% (8lbs water, 2lbs plant matter/resin/etc.) typically yields 4% (181g)

If you harvest that same material with a moisture content of 75% (6lbs water, 2lbs plant matter/resin/etc.) you would have 8lbs of fresh frozen with the same potential yield of 181g.

181 grams yielded off of 8 lbs fresh @ 75% moisture content is 5%
181 grams yielded off of 10 lbs fresh @ 80% moisture content is 4%

On top of that is ratio of resinous material (flower, sugar leaf) to non resinous material (fan leaves, stems, seeds, etc)

If you remove as much non resinous material as possible your potential yield will definitely be higher than if you didn’t.

It seems pointless to me to compare yields without more data regarding the starting material besides just the strain :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Anyone know what the market price is for indoor and outdoor ff?

yep. the locals…

sans legal interstate/international commerce, what “Fresh Frozen” (biomass or extract?!?) goes for still very much depends on which street corner you’re standing on.

I’d wager more than 10-fold difference from high to low.

there are producers from across the planet here.

doesn’t actually seem like you thought the question through…now that you have, maybe you’d like to try again.

4 Likes

15 to 30$ per gram in Oregon rec shops… At least until you get into the hip stuff. Now over on the east coast?.. Hell like 70$ per gram

1 Like

they are talking about for material to run. we pay 15-30 cents a gram for outdoor buds, usually do splits on indoor