Live Resin, Distillate, Terpenes. Ratios and temp to use?

I am experimenting with a new style of vape cartridge and I wonder if anyone can help.
For background I have been creating my own distillate vape carts for the past 2 years or so, based in the UK so sourcing my materials can be fun at times.
normally my recepie is 90% distillate, 10% terpenes. heated to 60C / 140F, which allows syringe to carts, job done.

Now I am experimenting with Live Resin. My plug has some lovely live resins, I’m concerned if I decarb that it will burn off too many of the terpenes. So instead I can consider mixing with the distillate I have.

Does anyone have any suggested ratios to try, and any advise on if I should decarb my live resin first for best effects.

I only have a limited set up: a ceramic heat plate and glass beakers. But it’s been enough to try out different methods so far

1 Like

I’m curious to know as well! I’ve been making distillate carts for 2 years now and it’s nice to see somebody not cutting 30 percent lol I do 90% distillate, 5% abstrax diluent, 5% terps.

Post removed

4 Likes

Shhhhhh

2 Likes

Yes I do 30% sauce to 70% disty. 10% is good for the terps.

@Edwardnorton155 WTF is abstrax diluent. Throw that in the trash

8 Likes

X2 on WTF is abstract cut?

Blood, spooge, vitamin e acetate, mineral oil, gasoline, e-85, tears from your wife?

6 Likes

they have two. Full disclosure i love abstrax tech so I may be a little biased here. So there’s tec temper and terp temper. Terp temper is just squalane and maybe a dash of some other terps. They say it’s a flavorless “triterpene” and that is pretty much the only one. Didn’t think anyone still used that stuff but I’ve never cared for it anyway so I steer clear of that one. The other one is Tec Temper. Tec temper is Triethyl citrate (TEC) and maybe some small amount of terpenes added but I don’t think that makes a difference.

I’ve used small amounts of Triethyl citrate (Tec) with cbd plenty of times. EJuice industry uses it to emulsify flavor concentrates. That doesn’t make it safe automatically but I’ve never seen anything suggest it degrades to anything too concerning at regular temps. Also it’s not too large of a molecule to cause concern over something like lipoid pneumonia. I actually don’t think it’s even capable of causing lipoid pneumonia for that matter.

TEC is just really good for preventing CBD from crystallizing but if you use it heavily it will make the oil watery and it will taste like hand sanitizer or something. In small amounts like 5-10% with hard THC distillate it gives a huge improvement on vapor production for some reason. Also the oil flows better and is still very smooth on the inhale. Again it’s not perfect but I personally think it’s one of the better options out.

In my experience TEC does NOT mix well with fatty stuff so I would never add it to live resin personally. TEC prevents crystallization of CBD but not THCA. It probably also works well with CBG but i haven’t got around to testing that theory yet.

If anyone’s looking for a natural diluent, we offer our catalyst product. No synthetic terpenes, no squalene, no trithyl citrate, no MCT. Just terps!

Oh ya, no mineral oil either!

So we ruled out what it isn’t. What is it then? Bisabolol and/or phytol like everyone else on the planet sells now?

Edit: 99% phytol maybe 1% other stuff. So basically viscosity 2.0 which is just the same shit everyone else was using years ago

1 Like

The catalyst ingredients are natural Phytol, beta-Myrcene, alpha-Pinene, Terpinolene, beta-Caryophyllene, Ocimene, and alpha-Humulene.

We’ve offered the catalyst since 2017.

I work for a terpene company who refused to release any type of diluent or cut after several of our PhD’s analyzed just about every product on the market…If you want to cut, use CBD…

2 Likes

Honestly that’s exactly the way it’s looking lately. At like a buck a gram it’s the only thing people should be “cutting” with. But it won’t help with vapor production given the viscosity

I don’t think there’s a reason to “cut” in the way of trying to get more profits but I do think that straight disty and terps is a hair too thick. Yeah it works in CCells but people lose their mind at dispensaries when the oil doesn’t cover the holes. Even worse, if even the slightest bit of oil ends up in the center chamber then you’re looking at a cartridge return/complaint because it will clog. Also depending on what part of the country you’re in some places can have issues in the winter. I think 5-10% “cut” with 5-8% terps is a win win as long as you’re transparent on the packaging about the small amount of thinner in it. People are better informed about MCT oil nowadays so that seems to be the norm again

We have been using 02vape carts with distillate and terps only.

None of these companies will say what’s in their cutter, they will say what isn’t…which isn’t transparency in my opinion…

1 Like

Do you mean you can add 5-10% diluent and 5-8% terps? So 10-18% of diluent and terps combined?