Liquid CBD Isolate Solution

Wassup everyone. I’ve read a lot of threads on this forum in 2019 and decided to get an account and start contributing. I’m also a GLG member @Future thank you for both platforms. I am a chemical engineer with 1.5 years in the cannabis industry on the finished good formulation and manufacturing side.

Yesterday I made a 1g batch of 90% CBD isolate and 10% high purity CBC extract. I melted the CBD crystals down, added the 97% CBC extract, and vortex mixed the solution for 15 seconds. It’s been 24 hours and no crystal formation. The solution has a viscosity similar to 90% THC distillate and is light yellow in color. I over vortexed the eppendorf tube and trapped air bubbles in the solution.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Where did you get the 97% CBC?

Have you tried fluctuating the temp in the freezer to see if it will crash out?

Where did you purchase the CBC?

I see CBD Cartsssss.

Nice work man. Keep us updated on the crystallization, or lack there of. I am very curious

1 Like

CBC came from a reputable lab I work with in Colorado. I will report back in a week

1 Like

Same here - so interested in this!

2 Likes

Crystals started to form. About 10% of the solution is wet yellow crystals after 48 hours

I tried this mix too:

70% CBD iso
10% CBC iso
10% CBG iso
10% Botanical Terpene Blend

This had more crystal growth in 2 days than the 90% CBD and 10% CBC. CBG seems to love crystal lattice structure too. I am working on a threshold of CBD to CBC to keep a solution liquid.

1 Like

Yeah CBG seems to always lock up.
Is 80/20 CBD/CBC the ticket???

2 Likes