Light hydrocarbon blends

Hi y’all.
Ik trying to get some information on when and why to use different light hydrocarbon solvent blends? I see many different ratios of solvent used for different purpose. My question is there a list of what the different blends are used for and WHY? I know if I’m separating I want butane heavy mix because it evaporated slower. If I’m extracting fresh frozen I want propane heavy because it extracts more Terps. If anybody has some kinda guide sheet with what different blends are useful for that would be amazing. Otherwise, if nobody’s has it, we should make some kinda spreadsheet with what each blend is useful for. Thanks in advance for everyone’s help.

Damn bro. Hit the dms.

Researching this same topic. OP, care to DM what you learned?
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Is there a significant upcharge on lab grade propane? I’m assuming it doesn’t have the sulfur added.

“Instrument Grade” it can cost a couple hundred bucks for a LP5 tank. @Estokha

1 Like

Wow, thats what i suspected. Is it financially feasible for standard propane be scrubbed?

No, it will take alot and still might not work. Also blends are only that ratio until you use them then they will start be more pro/iso heavy the ntane is what you will lose the most of

1 Like