Licensed cannabis market news

(making another catch-all thread to parallel the traditional market one)

6 Likes

Can always switch the crop to carbon credit hemp and bio remediation project

7 Likes

Grow hemp for fiber instead of CBD to leech metals and other crap out of the ground while also producing fiber materials en masse to sell to construction and fabric companies? That would be pretty awesome but nobody there is gonna do that. I wonder how the hemp textile company in Pueblo, CO is doing.

Actually, on that topic, does anyone know of any companies that are cultivating industrial hemp solely for the fibers and other benefits rather than the cannabinoids? I searched for threads here concerning fiber, but they’ve been dead since 2019. I hope farms that produce for CBD are still putting their “waste” to good use?

7 Likes

Canada has tons of industrial hemp production.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Its spicy in Oregon right now. LOL

4 Likes

Just like the gas supply… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes
1 Like

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/2023/05/16/oregon-regulators-will-require-certificate-of-tax-compliance-from-dispensaries-before-license-renewal/

More La Mota fallout

2 Likes

Florida will be releasing 22ish licenses for Vertically integrated operations. This will double the number of companies operating in the regulated Florida market. Here is the list of 74 applicants at the FL Department of Health Office of Medical Marijuana Use’s website. FL Applicants - April 2023

4 Likes

new adulteration testing/expanded pesticides panel in CO

2 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2023/06/14/baltimore-dispensary-cookies-shutdown-violations.html

A “large gun apparatus" that was used to blow plumes of medical cannabis smoke into people’s mouths is among a slew of violations that led to the shutdown of the Cookies dispensary in Federal Hill barely a week after it opened.

The Cookies dispensary had its license suspended by the Maryland Cannabis Administration on June 2, just days after its grand opening on May 27. The company violated a litany of Maryland cannabis regulations on advertising, cannabis consumption and safety, according to the suspension notice. With recreational cannabis set to get going on July 1, the suspension gives a hint to the type of behaviors businesses must avoid in order to stay in the good graces of state legislators.

5 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I’m surprised nobody has sued for an injunction over the aspergillus shit in Oregon