Lets talk Cloning!

Just wanted to give an update. I took 2 clones on jiffy pucks with no hormones, still no roots 3 weeks later. I took 6 clones a week ago in jiffy pucks with rooting powder and I got 6 for 6 in about a week! Thanks for the input, I’ll be ditching the aero in favor of this old school method.

2 Likes

Now try an aero cloner using the dipping power like I switched up to. Even my 2 week to root strain roots in 7 days.

3 Likes

ah i will have to give that a go. My aero is dirty since it’s been running for like 2 months with the same set of cuts and no rooting. I’ll have to give it a good cleaning and then try it out.

I just took another round of cuts today with the jiffy pucks. I like the set and forget process with these and the powder. I only mist them once a day and kept the humidity above 75% and they popped really nice.

2 Likes

I would be very interested in your SOP. Seems like you have got cloning figured out. JS.

2 Likes

What would ya like to know?

2 Likes

The whole of it. Haha. A-Z. I am interested in producing a large amount of clones consistently for a legal grow facility.

1 Like

I second this. I’m fixing to abandon the rock wool and go back to the turbo cloner. What’s your recipe for the water?

2 Likes

It’s super simple
With a clean aero cloner
Fill to bottom of mister rail with cold TAP water. Ph to 6.0. Take cuttings, snip leaf tips, cut stem at angle, dip into rooting hormone powder (see above pic I posted), fill up cloner spots. Plug into cycle timer. I run 3 mins on, 3 mins off (this is set up by my stopwatch, NOT the dials on the unit. Those are not correct based on my timing.
Place under 18/6 lighting.

11 Likes

Nothing in the water?

1 Like

I do everything the exact same, I’ve just always tossed in nutrients into the water

2 Likes

Is there any draw back to using RO water vs. tap?

I dont add anything to the water. I wait and look at the leaves. Once I notice the clones "eating itself aka eating the stored nutes and going from a good deep green to light green), then I’ll add 25% of a full dose of my boost and veg nutes into the cloner.

5 Likes

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Clone x my dude. Dip in solution where you want your roots and put in a cloning station. 90+ % success rate

I use dip in grow in rock wool without issue. Just wondering if he’s putting anything in the water.

Pool shock or bleach has been the best additive for my cloning efforts this far. Before I moved up to Maine I had chlorinated city water and it was awesome for cloning but up here my well water (even ro) needs some bleach to keep the clones from rotting

4 Likes

pool shock is one of the best tricks for aero cloners and keeping them clean!! I would use that weekly when I ran aero.

Nowdays I just cut, dip in powder, put in a grodan cube, set in my old male isolation chamber, and mist daily. Thick fluffly roots in about 2 weeks on average, some have been taking a month lately but I’ve been getting 100% success this way.

Aero worked well for me but keeping everything clean with my laziness just didn’t play well with the plants. After a few months my success rate dropped to like 70%, then 50%, then 10%, then 0% hahahaha.

Anyone wanting to go the aero route, be very religious with your cleaning. I half assed it and it bit me in the ass and lost a few keeper phenos.

4 Likes

i always found rooting time was strain/pheno dependant for me… damn o.gs and chem crosses could take 20-30 days where fruity strains would take 3-5 days.i used to like a lot of casey jones crosses as they root fast but still have that gas and earthiness to them. always reminded me of playing in the dirt as a kid.
once rooted i then moved to see through pint plastic cups with holes in the bottom so i could see the roots and once they were nice and strong i then moved to final pots

1 Like

Look at the active ingredient in cloneX.

…iba (same ingredient as dip n grow and the rooting powder. But costs 3x more.

Tap water has chlorine. Same as pool shock. But tap is “free” vs pool shock.

And x10 on cleanliness!!

7 Likes

tap water never cleaned enough for my lazy ass :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know, not changing the water very often doesn’t help… Don’t be like me, change your water regularly… I would just top it off when it got low lol

And yeah, I took your advice on getting some cheap powder from home depot, works just as good as clonex I can’t tell a difference.