Lets talk Cloning!

I gave up on aerocloners up here in made. I could never get roots to pop. Using all sorts of recipes but I fear it’s the well water up here. Bleach and shock made no difference. Back in Texas the tap water worked 100% of the time. But up here in Maine even if I go buy 5 gallons of distilled water. I just couldn’t get roots to pop. Tried homemade aerocloners, store bought ones, temp regulation of the water, etc. I gave up after a year of trying and now I get about 90% success rate using rapid rooters in a humidity dome

5 Likes

What does everyone use for lighting?

I’ve been using 4’ T12 Fluorescent lamps since forever. I only have two I am still using. I won’t be buying any more bulbs when I run out.

I have a couple 2’ T5 4 bulb fixtures I use, but I don’t think I will replace the bulbs when they go out.

I have been moving to 45 watt LED panels for the last couple of years. They seem to work well. I have a few different ones, not sure I notice any difference between the ones I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Q2VRWWR

1 Like

I outfitted my mom and clone tent with 8ft 5000 and 6500k led shop lights they are like 4 for 80 bucks on amazon

3 Likes

FREE ROCKWOOL CLONING SOP
I use 50 count 2x2" rockwool cubes, the classic plastic clone trays with humidity hoods.

-Soak your rockwool in 5.5 ph water for 10-15 min, drain (when you drain you still want wet cubes but no standing water in the bottom of the tray)
-Soak again in whatever solution you use to feed your babies there first feeding, APPROX 150 ppm 6.0 ph, 10 min, drain
-Cut your clones approx 3-4" tall, at a 45 degree angle, and dip in clonex or another root hormone. (root hormone may be omitted, but it will take 3-4 days longer to root)

• Stick your clone in the pre soaked rockwool deep enough so it is approx 1/2" from the bottom of the cube.
  • Once you fill your tray, Foliar feed your clones with the same mix as soaking (approx 150ppm 6.0ph) place on a heating mat under your light, and make sure the humidity dome is secure.
  • VERY IMPORTANT - You want your first two days to be 95-99% humidity, then the next 7 days should be 85% humidity inside the dome.
  • Feed and foliar your babies every 2-3 days increasing ppms approx 30 each feeding.

KNOWLEDGE SHOULD BE SHARED. THE BEST TECH IS FREE. GANG GANG.

21 Likes

I just set my cloner off to the side of my veg area. It gets the side light from my 2 100w COBs

I got some cloning powder over the weekend and am giving it a go with jiffy pucks since I have a ton of them on hand. I really hate to ditch the aero cloner since I have put so much time into it, but if this works, it works and I will be very happy!

I run ro water with a few ml of calmag, and a few ml of rhizotonic. Ph to 5.5-5.7 and leave it running 24/7. Big roots in a week on average. I used to fuck with timers, but simple is almost always better.

1 Like

One two foot T5 per tray or two per 30 collar aero is all you need. At 24 hrs keeping temp and humidity relatively consistent.

T8 4k led

2 Likes

Hey everyone for a good win for me is airlayering thanx to ask Ed book I miss it but thanx to this community I don’t need it it’s a great way for Mommy to help root probably more for small time I guess always :100: success and again thanx future4200.com it’s hard to get off this site

Air layering of plants / RHS Gardening well I hope I did right clip not ask Ed but basic

Our Commercial set-up…
Substrate is 80% germination peat - 20% perlite

1 Like

could you elaborate on this air layering?

Sure the basics are in my post previous but as the plant in veg take an ideal stalk from a shoot and slice open long way spread it open with a couple small pieces of mulch out of your soil or even stems hold open the slit at each end so to have the stalk split open all the way through put root powder or watever you may use to assist root growth now take I have used baggie cornered off fill with soil hold underside of stalk add more soil to cover stalk completely and us baggie to wrap around the top hold with tape you will need to support this little bag of soon roots somehow I have used stainless tig rod coat hanger anything for support then water through the ends ideally supported you can water throw one end can be very a little bit of a challenge but end result done properly always :100: success once you see roots in bag cut off below bag transplant carefully and you should see vertically no shock and growing healthy thank you ask Ed book from Ed Rosenthal that’s how I learned this is only basic run down maybe others could put more detail it’s the only way I have had success without buying machine and chemicals except roottone thanx for your interest :+1:

2 Likes

Might I add friends this I learned back in mid late 90s I’m guessing there maybe rockwool or something may work better but still on plant till rooted that’s why it’s just a go by method that actually saves space I would say and lighting definitely probably a forgotten lost practice but extremely practical for home use once learned I really hope this brings up some thoughts thanx for giving me this chance to give bak

2 Likes

Hey @Future @Killa12345 because I’m new and just a regular guy can you check see this maybe your thoughts or you know someone to elaborate more thanx this is awesome aifamily signing off hahaha if you know you know

I started cloning in coco and get roots a few days faster than in rockwool.

1 Like

RW is not for newbies. Lots of variables. Coco pucks, root root plugs, or aero cloners are the easiest methods.

I’ve cloned in just a solo cup with tap h2o in the window sill 10yrs ago.

Some say to snip the leaf tips, some say score the outer layer of the stem, some say to cut on the bottom, some say tops, just after watering or feeding, or on a full moon.

Bottom line, try a few ways, and keep one or 2 that work for your setup.

Adding this product and that, then jumping this way and that way is just the cannatax way. You dont need all of that.

Heres a secret tip, what’s the main ingredient in dip n grow? Now find that main ingredient, and source a cheaper version. I did. And found the powder version (4.95 @ wallyworld/l0wes/h0medep0t). Imo, powder works better.

4 Likes

This still happens to me if I take too many cuts then just leave the extras in the solo cup. But I typically have clonex solution at about 150ppm mixed with the water.

Some people swear by House and Garden Root Excelurator once roots are started.

I bought a bunch of hormones for experimenting with plant tissue culture. Different hormones promote different kinds of growth. I think it was IBA that was for promoting root growth.

This place used to sell hormones, but it looks like they don’t have them like they used to. They do sell their own line of nutes , and supplements that contain hormones. This is the clone solution.

THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT HYDRO-STORE NUTRIENTS

Plant growth hormones are the secret ingredients behind Canna Boost Accelerator, Snow Storm Ultra, clone gels, clone solutions, and any rooting solution that works very well, like Roots Excelerator.

Believe none of their bullshit, hype, or advertisement regarding any other ingredient in these products. The main ingredient, whether it’s quick rooting, large root mass, quick plant growth, large flowers, plant height restrictors, IT’S ALL HORMONES…

We decided to combine them all together and offer you 1 great product, at a wholesale rock bottom price. You can find our version, MB Hormone-Vitamin Booster contains Iba, Bap-6, Triacontanol, Brassinolide, Fulvic Acid, B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, and B12 Vitamins.

MB Hormone-Vitamin Booster is = $50 for a 4Liter bottle.

Compared to: Canna Boost Accelerator = $500 for a 5Liter bottle.

Plus Canna makes you buy Rhizotonic to get IBA. That’s another $300, and they don’t have all these B-Vitamins, just a couple, so you would have to buy a $200 gallon of Superthrive to get all these B-Vitamins as well.

That’s a HUGE DIFFERENCE! $50 for a 4 liter bottle of ours that you can use every day.
Or
(3) 4-5 Liter Bottles for a $1000 of their products. That you still use almost every day!

Welcome to the revolution! Where we can save you up to 75% off your daily nutrient bill!

There are many companies selling plant nutrients today. You can easily spot the higher quality brands simply by their cost, but did you know you can make these same formulas at home, or in the greenhouse, FOR WAY LESS???

Canna, House and Gardens, Advance nutrients, Dutch Masters, and Botanicare,use these ingredients to make their high quality plant nutrients and additives. Please don’t believe any of their bullshit (hype) when they tell you they use special ingredients, or that they developed these ingredients. These are the same ingredients, bought from the same companies, that farmers, colleges and commercial greenhouses have been using for many years.

To name a few of these companies supplying these ingredients: Yara, AkzoNobel Dissolvine, Haifa, Kelpak, Jh Biotech, etc.

It’s the hydro-store, and the nutrient companies, job to hype their products and stick pretty pictures on their bottles, so you are willing to spend the premium dollars on their products. It’s nothing more than a few dollars of chemicals and water, and a lot of advertisement (HYPE). Do you think they want you to know that you could make your own formulas for $10 max, compared to the same product their charging $100+ for?

Save your money, and buy the ingredients to make your own formulas, or buy our high performance nutrients and additives. These are the same products you will find at the hydro store, except we combined several products, and then knocked 50-75% off their prices

3 Likes

A cautionary note on chemical foot ng hormonrs, they’re extremely effective also extremely carcinogenic. Natural alternative Willow cuttings in water. Use the water for your rooting.