Lets set D8 straight

Toluene is indeed less convenient than chain hydrocarbons, presumably because it promotes the first exotherlic step, increasing heat.

But I believe hydrocarbons rather rank in the reverse order: pentane < hexane < heptane. Interestingly, this would folow the same order of their heat capacity. :thinking:

2 Likes

You would do the community a favor dooing a hot run with dry mgso4 in the flask and sending that of as well
Yust a copy of any one of the runs you already have done with the same parameters
Only this time with mgso4 in the flask and a longer reflux time fairly convinced you will have a cleaner product

4 Likes

I’m happy to. I ordered supplies today. Hopefully by Thursday I’ll start posting parameters and results. Sent off 4 samples of varied sop runs to @kcalabs today. Will also share these results with associated run parameters and inputs.

7 Likes

Bake them in an oven overnight, an hour before you want to use it, take them out of oven and into a desiccator. Cool for an hour in an anhydrous environment. Then put a septa/stopper in them immediately. Not empirical in any way but it works lol

1 Like

Whatever happened to this?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.0c00436

Suggested d9 free in DCM with pTSA at room temp for 36 hours yielding 94% d8.

4 Likes

Well we’ll find out what a 24 hour RT run will yield here soon!

4 Likes

:love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Would using 86%D8 for edibles be dumb? Should I just toss the last of my jar?

1 Like

Get a column, some media, some ether and some petroleum ether and clean it up!

3 Likes

I’ve been considering it. Wouldn’t know where to start well I do I’ve been reading but as far as understanding what equipment is at my level of operation is what’s holding me back.

3 Likes

Start here?

Edit: link cleanup

4 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223766672199

So this some silica and those two chemicals.

Will hunt some literature.

1 Like

Run pet ether : ether on silica @ gradients 99:1, 98:2, 90:10.

Alternatively, try cyclohexane:dcm at 8:2 on silica.

Get the best silica you can, short of a more specific suggestion by the community i suggest you get the 0.015-0.04um silica 60A; amazon has some for about $400 last I recall

5 Likes

Can you place this in the datadump as well please !

3 Likes

Glad more people are trying this. Never tested my fractions (only ran a few grams for experimentation) but there was definitely a difference between the fractions (high wise).

Have to run it again

2 Likes

I believe it should already be there.

I know we all smoke a shit ton of weed, but this was a hot topic only a few months ago

I don’t think anyone cared too highly about compliant d8 at the time as a lot of discussion focuses around the d9 numbers.

4 Likes

Thanks brother, wow I’m going to get this shit going small scale I found the sane silica on another couple sites for 119 a kg for a 2000ml column should I go with 2? Is it reusable?

Yes it’s reusable if you flush it very thoroughly. You’ll likely find your fractions behave differently after the first use because it’s very tough (read: fuckload of distillation) to get the polar solvent completely out though.

3 Likes

Does anyone already made an COA of the SOP posted by @Roguelab, I’would be very intrested to see the TAC and unknowns of the crude oil before destillation

1 Like

I wonder know what is the viscosity of D8