Let's see your set up!

Are you running CRC with the gas that cold?

1 Like

Last lab when I ran a PX1 and EX40 for Emerald City Cultivation in Seattle

Dabco taught me how to run the PX1, my introduction to closed loop hydrocarbon extractors. Once the EX40 was rocking I mainly used the PX1 to distill solvent and clean material socks to increase production uptime on the EX40.

Did bunch of modifications to both systems over a year and a half. The PX1 came with with crap valves, gaskets, etc and all got replaced with Superlok 220 series from Corlee valve. I built coolant crossovers and later ninja status “hidden” or tucked behind, parallel flow coolant manifolds for the Unistat 815. In its final form the PX1 could prefilter solvent, clean material socks, distill, and recover into its main tank, then to an auxiliary tank for later top offs, Or directly in to the solvent tank of the EX40.

34 Likes

I have seen mol sieve dust in the outlet hose and recall Sunfire Ranch’s posts on mole sieve bead dust from IC mag years ago. Any suggestions on specific filtration products to catch this dust?

It’s not a cheap chiller, at all.

And yes, I use cold solvent for all my extracts.

5 Likes

how much for an mvp

1 Like

Are you able to use the same chiller for multiple things, i.e. your gas tank coil, and your jacketed tube?

2 Likes

He does passive recovery so he has a dedicated chiller just for the recovery tank id be willing to bet.

3 Likes

No, @Kingofthekush420 is correct. My primary chiller is just for my tank. I do use a coil for phase change. I do want to get an lc02 tank and never need a chiller. And dedicate the chiller for dewaxing because she can get down extremely cold and on a small chamber like that I think she could hit -90. And I think I could have some fun with that type of control. If I could multi stage my dewax. I would be one happy camper.

9 Likes

100 k and its yours

5 Likes

its nice seeing the smaller CLS on here too! How much material are you running at a time on that thing?

3 Likes

Our humble little setup

22 Likes

Humble my ass, that looks fantastic. Making me jelly

7 Likes

Bhogart BFE <———> (2) bizzy bees w/ 6”x48” material columns.

29 Likes

Are those the solvent columns wrapped in insulation?

2 Likes

It looks like he uses reflectix material. Same as what i use on the inside of grow rooms.

3 Likes

Same as that bubble wrap insulation. I have it around my dewax chamber, too.

6 Likes

Ya , bubble wrap insulation. Cheap stuff.

7 Likes

Does that cut down on condensation? I hate the puddle under my jacketed parts the next day and would love to at least cut it back a bit.

4 Likes

Yes that definitely helps that’s for sure

3 Likes

It sure does. On a system with jacketed columns and a chiller running 24/7 the rate of ice buildup can get pretty crazy. Instead of battling puddles you’re batting ice buildup with a mallet. Insulating the columns is a double win that improves cooling and operator efficiency!

7 Likes