Let's see your set up!

Or slam into the extraction unit and knock it over

I’ve seen a square plate welded to a 6” platter for that reason. Cylinder stands can also help when running top heavy stand up systems. Still sketchy if you’re moving in and out of a water bath though. I’m sure you’ll love having that new rack!

3 Likes

yeah I’ll love the rsxk…

only having to move.my collection and solvent tanks will be a breeze!

2 Likes

Could’ve always gotten a high pressure clamp stand

Are you referring to the quadpods? Those are pretty sketchy themselves and I’ve only seen the hinged clamps on them. Got a pic or a link?

Indofabs made mine. Currently, I use it to hold up my 3×24 as a filter housing for my rotovap when I do single filtrations for rso. Or for holding that same column when I dewax with etoh.

I plan on using it for cls runs but for now I use a 6×6 column on top of my 6×6 jacketed collection base so I can just take off the 6×6 column from the 6×6 jacketed collection base

This one was designed by someone else but @Killa12345 showed it

Same thread

1 Like

the rack looks way way way cooler

Besides that would been still to big a rocket. no room under it very much unless u made really tall

12 Likes

It sounds like with a unit like that the guy offering 100k can now do this type unit 1000 runs instead of hiring someone. What i mant to say is your extractor is badass. Its still tough to process 35 000 lbs though.

oh man, moving from ice to water? almost fell a few times with a 80 lb top heavy unit.

Get yourself some round rope handled containers from lowes. They fit perfect with the icarus recovery tank and your 20lb

2 Likes

How fast are you recovering tane?

1 Like

From recovery tank to LP tank I believe it’s taking me 55 minutes to an hour for recovery.

1 Like

I’ve got the whole process down to eight hours, that’s with assembly and disassembly

Out of curiosity, how come your collection is in a tote, appearing to be placed in warm water. But, you have a jacketed collection, which would need a water pump to flow through the jacket to help recovery. Is your bowl jacketed, too? $50 can make your life so much easier

5 Likes

When I do the Dwax runs I submerge the recovery tank in dry ice. Then take it out and Connect warm water valves to the recovery vessel.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I was going to say, there’s a redundancy there and you can totally make life easier. Haha.

Have you tried to push with nitrogen from the dewax chamber. You can start flowing warm water almost right after you start dumping and start recovering at the same time. Might save an O-ring in those lower vertebrae

5 Likes

So I posted the shed and floors further up but for those too lazy to scroll

Next step was to section off 2 separate rooms, one blasting room one ancillary room

Then install a sub panel and ran electrical lines and outlets

Then came time to move in

Guess I didn’t take a good picture of the ancillary side I’ll do that when I’m there next.

After that upgraded the solvent tank and collection

41 Likes

That’s bad ass

1 Like

Love it @Badcookieextracts good work!!

2 Likes