Let's see your set up!

We’re mainly an ethanol-extraction facility, but I’ve been using this BHO setup for hydrocarbon concentrates. Just a Frankenstein with parts from everywhere.

Edit: Built the room too :sunglasses:

39 Likes

Spotless :+1:
Reason I have no setup posted :joy:

21 Likes

Nice how u came up a bit on the walls with the epoxy. Squeaky clean. Well done!

5 Likes

pro move fo sure

1 Like

After several failed attempts w contractors I decided to do the floor myself!

5 Likes

Is this the result of the C1D1 room you were building in that old thread? :+1:

2 Likes

It is indeed—there’s no air conditioning either :hot_face:

3 Likes

do they allow drop ceiling in iso 9001?

Really nice build. Love the floor, love epoxy, hate epoxy floor prep. One trick we use to clean floor b/4 epoxy is rent a grocery store steam carpet cleaner. steam vac the concrete, let dry, apply epoxy.

DIY ductless mini-split works wonders for cooling; the DIY model is precharged so no need to hire a AC guy to charge it (around here costs 1/2 as much as minisplit)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MRCOOL-DIY-Gen-3-23-000-BTU-20-SEER-ENERGY-STAR-Ductless-Mini-Split-Air-Conditioner-Heat-Pump-w-25-ft-Install-Kit-230-Volt-DIY24-HP-230B25/311900314

6 Likes

That’s a good idea for floor prep!

1 Like

They have many different brands and they seem a bit cheaper than home depo

Nice prices! Make sure you get the DIY model, the other models are not charged and will require you pay a bunch of $$ to charge with refrigerant.

I have 2 i just cant remember which one i have

1 Like

I’m really happy about how this turned out.

38 Likes

That thing is quite beautiful!

2 Likes

Do you have any recommendations on bulk floor epoxy? Looking to do 1500sqft and don’t want to buy a bunch of those Home Depot garage kits

3 Likes

Go talk to Sherwin Williams about a marine grade epoxy. The Home Depot stuff sucks

9 Likes

yep “marine” grade forsure is the way to go!

4 Likes

Damn phil that floor looks fantastic and a step beyond what I’ve seen so far in extraction rooms. most of the floor epoxies and sealants i have encountered wear badly after 1-2yrs in a production environment with of alcohol and other solvent contact plus moving equipment like solvent tanks etc… would be great to hear feedback on long term durability of fancier finishes. Having spent time in 3 labs with epoxied floors I’ve always dreamed of polished concrete though I know it’s not as sanitary.

5 Likes

Its funny when you see that amount of equipment in a building that looks like its gonna fall down. That is a top notch room though for sure

4 Likes