Let's see your set up!

Nice paint booth, ready made c1d1.

2 Likes

We had to make a few upgrades but it made the most sense for cost and space.

2 Likes

I like the carbon filter holders, those big ones always scared me hanging above my head.

5 Likes

Well, that clamp is only an 8" but it’s also just a single hinge so it’s really not for high pressure service. I suppose there’s no reason I couldn’t have made it with a high pressure clamp but honestly we never take it much above 40psig.

Like the pivoting door.:wink:

1 Like

You should post this in Tricks of the trade. Its pretty clever.

2 Likes

You’re nice to say so. It’s not my trick. I learned it here.

2 Likes

Bought coil from hfs in bucket. Sucks compared to this coil n a steel pot. 20 Gallon Horizontal Turnkey Gas HERMS Brew System from Blichmann Engi

I think I’ll tee off my recovery coil and put it in a bigger cooler. I had it in a 20 gallon round cooler, but it was a lot of dry ice to fill and lasted longer than needed towards the end of the day. I’d top it to start the day, refill it a little bit along the way, but end up going home leaving half a cooler full of perfect temp slurry. It was nice not having to add much during the day. It felt lazy leaving all that cold unused.

Frankly I hadn’t thought of doing it, until I saw it here (I need to get a t-shirt with that). (If I’d seen that before the goofy XD ad popped up on facebook about the sale on coils, I’d have a couple hundred for killer artwork and free ones to hand out. :rofl:…)

1 Like

I had one kinda like yours and i used a metal cambro like from a restaurant filled with acetone or alcohol. It would make it so i didn’t need as much dry ice to have complete coverage and then you can put it in the freezer when your done. Saved on dry ice and still allowed me to make a slurry

New 4x48s. image

3 Likes

Is that a crc on the back of the rack?

1 Like

nice setup! I have the 5lb non jacketed system from bvv - the little icc. Looking to upgrade to a jacked system. What size is your collection vessel & what are you running for a chiller?

1 Like

Yes sir

3 Likes

Little trick we found out worked really well is (we were running Precision machines at the time anf they have similar collection vessels)… turn on your vac pump for your collection pot, lift your “platter” up to the pot and the vacuum will suck the “platter” right on and keep it on while you get your clamps put on and tightened.

5 Likes

Thats exactly our process using the lab lift to stabilize and control it.

1 Like

It all part of the system I started with off eBay from Extractor Solutions. The collection pot is the next change. I’m moving down to a smaller diameter to eliminate the 12” clamp. It makes me nervous knowing 100# maxes it out. I’m looking ahead to 70/30 and increased pressures. The chiller is crap. The pump laid down the first month. I use a pond pump to circulate. I use it as a heater, not to chill. All the cold comes out of the dry ice bunker.

1 Like

I wish China would start making those collections with smaller bottom openings.

Besides that very clean setup bro

3 Likes

Going to try this next time I take my pot off…putting the pot on by yourself is definitely a learned skill

china will build you anything if you can communicate to them.

1 Like