Let the CUT games begin

It just makes us look bad. I hate the situation. As a whole we will look bad though. As individual it’ll may help the craft vape maker, but who wants it from something like this. The bad wrap does it enough!

2 Likes

Just lumping all terpenes in one bucket is crazy. There are terpenes that no one should ever vaporize. I suspect that’s how we got here. Hey Vit. E is a terpene…let’s do it…

Isoprene is on the Harmful and potentially harmful chemicals list.

However, from experience only I would easily believe that plenty of terpenes do not pose a serious threat.

This is definitely the next conversation we need to be having.

I could if I wanted to but i dont trust the open market. There is no point tbh. Fuck other ppl, my little bubble is safe and quality

3 Likes

They sent me a bottle too when I requested free samples. Keeping it as a relic.

I don’t even like using amped up type flavours either.

I make my own blends with isolated terpenes and/or terpene blends.

Only place I would accept buying and ingesting the “secret sauce” is at my local pita restaurant!

6 Likes

I think it’s going to come down to personal biology. People can be allergic to terpenes.

I think something worth investigating is all these isomers. Sugars are a good example, glucose is from what I remember the only sugar your brain can actually use, however, we have made high fructose syrup the primary means of sweetening things in processed foods. The difference in sugars has to do with where the carbons and hydrogens are positioned, I could be way off base here, but, that sounds like isomers of molecules known to be safe and necessary can actually be very harmful to people.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong, there are a ton of examples of enantiomers being toxic in one orientation and helpful in the other.

We need more science being done, but that’s not where the money is. Maybe that will change a little after the latest debacle.

3 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

The question is who will trust your secret sauce

my secret sauce is for chicken pitas! It’s delicious…the sauce built my house :wink:

2 Likes

No those “amped up” blends use mct for suspension of flavor compounds- not likely to run into issues with tiny percentages, but it’s there

It saddens me to see floraplex on this list… I thought they were legit, and I loved their products and used them to great effect…

Whats scary though is their uber thick is something that i would always get a 5ml sample of when i ordered from them… If everyone else was recieving free samples of the uber thick, then floraplex was absolutely flooding the market with their poison… Im just glad I never needed to thicken my distillate…

Im pretty tempted to test this stuff in my analytical facility

6 Likes

My wife has had similar issues from vapes. almost immediately after she started using vape cartridges.

A buddy sent me this article the other day

6 Likes

Yep I may need to see doctor. Thank u free sample! Being the producer and consumer I think I Vaped the whole damn bottle as in the ENTIRE batch test carts🤦

2 Likes

Damn, better go sooner than latter my bro. Many times getting the proper medical attention in short order is what saves your life…

7 Likes

True that, my wife and I were driving home from Oregon the other day and she started Sweating profusely and hyperventilating. Ran her to the ER in Longview, by the time she stepped out of the car she was drenched from head to toe. They did a chest X-ray and found a mass in her lung. We didn’t attribute it to the vape pen until just a couple days ago.

She is currently exhibiting ALL of the symptoms listed in the article above.

Even worse, is these are products we bought from a “trusted” source. I even asked repeatedly if they were cut, because the taste was just to good to be true.

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth”
-Henry David Thoreau

8 Likes

That’s really sad to hear @FicklePickle. I really hope for the best. This is even shittier when it’s happening to your homie. I’ve been warning my smart cart loving friends for the last 2 years. If you don’t know the source. You can be smoking all cut. Seems like this is really coming to fruition. Best of luck @FicklePickle

6 Likes

Revamp for title … Let the throat-cutting begin…I’ll bet you one thing somewhere in South America there’s a room full of monkeys that are vaping vitamin E… 24/7 anybody want to wager

Thanks brother

Do It brother cant hurt

3 Likes

Done, just ordered standards.

Ill shoot some uber thick into the LCMSMS and ill post results.

15 Likes