Let the CUT games begin

The companies being served with subpoenas are:
–Honey Cut Diluting Agent by Honey Cut Labs LLC in Santa Monica, California
–Uber Thick by Floraplex Terpenes in Ypsilanti, Michigan
–Pure Diluent by Mass Terpenes in Amherst, Massachusetts

Officials say the Wadsworth Center has obtained samples of thickeners from these three companies and determined that they are nearly pure vitamin E acetate oil. While the investigation is still ongoing, laboratory results have shown very high levels of vitamin E acetate in nearly all cannabis-containing samples analyzed by the Wadsworth Center.

https://abc7ny.com/health/new-york-issuing-subpoenas-to-3-companies-amid-vaping-crisisw/5525981/

15 Likes

I bet we see 3 or more a day for a while.

4 Likes

honey cuts pricing for tocopheryl acetate that you can buy for $0.08 a gram from anywhere lol. $1.10 per gram on something that costs you less then $0.08… Thats a damn hustle lol

1 Like

They are going to need all of those profits to stay out of the chain gang.

11 Likes

But we don’t actually know if that’s the issue- if that’s the case, why is it isolated to 2 states and only 54 cases? These guys, albeit shady markup and dishonest practices, have retailed gallons and gallons of this shit- why no problems anywhere else? Weird- my money is on mystery lipid cut…?

1 Like

Also- where did these test samples come from? Did the patients all hand over their carts? A lot of holes here- just saying we should be asking questions a little bit…weight loss? Do we really think people are vaping shit that’s giving them lipid pneumonia long enough to show weight loss? They have a serious and unbreakable coupling with under age teen vaping of nicotine products here- none of which were involved in any diluent scandal- this story doesn’t add up at all- can’t let fear and anger stop us from asking questions is all I’m saying

6 Likes

We don’t need to ask. The NY AG started a “thing.” Other State AG’s are going to jump right in. Especially the states with deaths. It will come out. Quickly at this pace.

3 Likes

Any names? I couldn’t find any- no interviews with family members either…to be clear, I’m not saying it is one way or the other, but that’s typical media circus follow up- and it’s certainly tragic. I’ve known many people who have died from drug overdoses or alcohol related causes. My heart bleeds for families who have lost people to senseless struggles and events. I just think it’s strange we don’t have a lot of facts- I’m reading people’s comments that say vitamin e oil can’t cause lipid pneumonia, so that’s confusing- if it’s another contaminate, what could it be? What else was in these test samples? I think we absolutely need more information if we can make informed decisions…

1 Like
1 Like

Called this like four hours before article was released.

Winter is coming.

5 Likes

I love how that article has Floraplex ads all over it for me.

12 Likes

I wonder what was in the other samples that caused the lipid pneumonia issues?

I bet you its MCT.

Or that Phytol / Squalene mix going around

I’ve still yet to see any data on inhalation.

Funny I never used it

6 Likes

i bought a few oz of it a few weeks ago to test it out internally but havent tried it yet. good thing i didnt test it on myself! ha! @FloraplexTerpenes gave me credit for it though when i called yesterday and said i dare not use this stuff.

4 Likes

I tried the sample​:face_with_thermometer::person_facepalming:. Probably need to go get looked at or it’s all in my head but I’ve had chest cold since

5 Likes

i took one hit off the sample and pretty much this was me

9 Likes

That’s what I’m saying- but where did they get the samples that represent these people’s products? Did all of these people still have the products they were using? Did they make undercover buys? What samples were tested? What else was in the samples?

1 Like

i have the same questions, not that i want to detract from the seriousness of this all but i certainly want the real truth to be exposed not some glorified witch hunt and sensational reporting that distracts and/or causes red flag legislation.

6 Likes

This is like the jackpot for state and federal labs. These labs are getting to use full capacity with unlimited resources. This will be tracked back through analytical science. The witch hunt is about slowing it down until they figure it out.

1 Like

New York Cannabis Companies have money; they see a class-action lawsuit coming, pay a lobbyist(s) to inform politicians of the dangers. Boom Cannabis company free and clear because everyone is pointing at The terpene company but not the cannabis companies who didn’t R&D product and vet their supply chain partners before producing it.:man_shrugging:

So does this create reservations for anyone to continue to purchase Floraplex Terpenes other botanical grade terpenes or just the ‘Uber Thickener’ Dilutent?

Great business model: supply a cannabis ancillary product through interstate commerce. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Whos is going to be the first to scale up their boutique hemp production and hemp-cannabis derived terpene extraction game to become a badass providing companies with true cannabis-derived terpenes that have the ability to do interstate commerce?

7 Likes