Lenticular filters

If you guys need a good pump for your Lenticular, we have pumps for cold ethanol. We partnered with our Italian pump manufacturer and they made a special version for us. It has a pneumatic exchanger that handles cold temperatures, and Santoprene diaphragms for ethanol compatibility.

Our FDA pump is half the price of most US competitors.

AODD Pumps

3 Likes

Do these come with dampener’s? As you know, filtration (especially depth filters) likes steady flow and pressure.
Thanks, Greg

We can get you a dampener, but no they don’t come stock with them.

1 Like

Just want everyone to know that most of these pumps are made by versamatic. TCW upcharges the F outta them.

7 Likes

Positive pressure gear pumps are the way to go for lenticular filtration if you need to suck out of a drum, keg, or tank. Double diaphragm pumps (AODD), even with dampeners, are hard on depth filter media. It has high potential for cracking the filter media through the pulsation. If you are using filter aids with your filtration, you would want to go with a centrifugal pump, but you need to be able to flood/prime the pump. Both styles of pumps can be operated with air motors, which are intrinsically explosion proof, or a C1D1, single or 3 phase, explosion proof motor.

If you are looking for help with your filtration set up, or optimization don’t hesitate to reach out. ErtelAlsop is the leader, and inventor in lenticular filtration. ErtelAlsop developed the technology in the 1940’s. As a manufacturer of both depth filtration media and filtration equipment, ErtelAlsop can help you optimize your filtration train, and answer any questions you have pertaining to the filtration of your extract. www.ErtelAlsop.com
@Filterman9, please stop using ErtelAlsop lenticular photos for the promotion of your filters.

I don’t, thank you, Greg

Greg, no need for a back and forth. Check about 10 posts above. Thank you for discontinuing the use of ErtelAlsop lenticular photo(s).

Well your note to us appeared yesterday, so that’s why we responded. The post your referring to was almost a year ago, and we responded to it at that time. We have been using these images as of late.

1 Like

LENTICULAR FILTER HOUSING 20190715.pdf (1.7 MB)

CARBOFIL-PLUS_06_2015_E.pdf (81.2 KB)

You guys need a PTFE or PTFE-envelope option for the seals. Viton, EPDM and Silicone are all incompatible to varying degrees for cannabis extraction.

3 Likes

FEP encapsulated would also be acceptable and probably more common. Great recommendation!

1 Like

Hi GratefulPhil,
Thank you for the suggestion, I believe we can have those on our housings (and filters) as standard. I’m looking into it now, it may add a few dollars to the cost, but if what your seeing in the field is incompatible, we need to make this change. Thanks again, Greg

2 Likes

Are you having any issue running the last bit of your crude through the lenticular filter? Previously I tried running my material though one 12 inch module and I found that a good portion of crude was left in the unit. Basically as soon as the fluid level dropped below the top of the filter module all I got was air coming though. (I was pushing with positive pressure only)

you will need to flush with more clean solvent to get the rest of the cannabinoids out, or they will stay there for the next run to pick up.

1 Like

As @thesk8nmidget suggested, it is a good idea to flush with clean solvent to get the rest of the crude out of the filter. Additionally, you can air-blow the rest of the solvent or crude out of the housing by using low pressure air or nitrogen introduced through the top vent.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out.
-Dave

2 Likes

Are people recharging their carbon filters or just replacing them. About how often do you find yourself needing to replace them?

1 Like

You dump them.

We use one at the company I work for. We found that we were getting waxes and fats coming through even going through a 12 disc carbon filter @ -80°C(crude suspended in ethanol) assisted with AODD pump and positive pressure to the outlet. We have yet to implement the new system due to our facility relocating, but our proposed solution when everything is back up and running is to put a bag filter on either end of the lenticular that stages down several micron in succession. This isn’t to say that the lenticular doesn’t work, or that there aren’t better lenticular solutions than the one we have, but it’s possible that you may need an additional filtration step.

1 Like

Pre filtering in bag filters is a must for lenticulars for sure.

4 Likes