Lenticular filters

I am looking forward to trying this out. I have a pre-filter of 45 microns and lenticular filter is 0.45 microns. Pushing with compressed air. It comes out a bit aggressive with the air, anyone know of a trick to slow the air down, I am planning on going into the bottom of a steel tank top with a lid.

4 Likes

Use a pressure regulator. Is your compressor made for blowing food grade air?

Dental air compressors are an example of what would blow non toxic pressurized air. Or a pneumatically opersted sand piper pump would work too.

3 Likes

How much air pressure are you using?

I see the gauges. Where are your PRVs and what are they set to?

Regulator?

1 Like

I have a filter for sale for anyone that’s interested.

Of you want to exceed performance and clarity the pig filter will kick lenticular ass. Here’s a video of it on action leak free and 8 gallons per min at -80.

Try it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised. We have these units modified and they come with cool carts and drain trays.

Lenticular bar lt keeps up. We posted a video and side by side for that and sambo creek.

I guess we let the video do all the talking.

We’ve been having activated carbon and T5 slip past our 1 micron lenticular filter cartridge. Do they make a smaller micron filter cartridge?

@El_Z, I have had AC pass through 0.2um. I doubt that going smaller will stop that completely.

So how do you fix that so it doesn’t happen & get into a WFE

Multiple passes thru pig with celite sucked into hose to further filtration

Wow, i’ve used those 0.2um cartridges and i’ve never ever seen carbon go through. Are you using 222-style connection?

4 Likes

@El_Z, I use an AC and T5 puck that I filter through. When a puck is built it catches stuff in solution that is smaller than 0.2um (like most water solubles). I had trouble with the same thing myself initially, which steered me away from using AC. Only when I started building pucks was I able to really start playing with adsorbents. Others may have different tricks that work, but this is the only one I know.

@Shadownaught (Carbon Chemistry) are working on Lenticular filter cartridges from what I understand. Nitrogen works well for moving the ethanol and @DeutscheProcess will sell you a variety of pumps with seals made specifically for moving cold ETOH on a bulk scale as well. Carbon Chem’s products all make really nice beds over the cart’s too.

1 Like

Make a little inline pressure regulator. 15-20psi should be plenty

5 Likes

I might be interested. Is it still for sale? What size/brand filter do you have?

How much are these?

1 Like

Its a pall 12". No housing only the filter

Great vid. We plan on doing it the same way but need a much larger press.

Look into millipore pod filter holders. No electrical, just compressed air. Works like a charm.

Those would be great for color remediation and polish but fear they are way too expensive for wax filtering. Them and a couple of other pharma companies we have looked at for high grade filtration. There is some cool stuff out there.

2 Likes

AC Lenticular filter… thoughts?

[Carbon Lenticular Cartridges - TCW Equipment Store Carbon Lenticular Cartridges - TCW Equipment](Carbon Lenticular Cartridges - TCW Equipment Store Carbon Lenticular Cartridges - TCW Equipment)

2 Likes