Legality of Delta 8 conversion from mother liquor.

I’ve been focused on commercially viable chromatography and isomerization methods to clean up mother liquor for some time and have come across a lot of individuals who seem to think Delta 8 THC is a legal option. I’m quite sure this has been posted on the forum but it’s mixed into a sea of text in a random thread which questions how many have seen this. The DEA has Delta 8 listed on their controlled substances list plain as day. I would be willing to bet if you are hemmed up by the feds selling liters of D8, you might want a new attorney.

Yes but hemp bill contradicts this right?

@Kingofthekush420

Ding ding. Round 3 boys.

2 Likes

Hemp bill says all isomers of cbd. Very plain text. Only seems to regulate delta-9 and thc-a.

Hemp isn’t marijuana.

D8 derived from hemp is exempt from the CSA because it’s not from marijuana.

The definition of hemp only talks about d9 and any derivative or isomer from it is legal as long as under .3% d9

The analogue act is part of the CSA and there for does not apply to hemp since hemp isnt marijuana anymore

2 Likes

I’m never going to not post this when this comes up. @Kingofthekush420

10 Likes

You gotta tag me fucker!

2 Likes

I did look it’s your face right there

Also every time this comes up you make it more concise and clear and I love it

2 Likes

I will say that you absolutely present a very good argument. I guess we will just have to see what happens, if something happens. :innocent:

2 Likes

Yep, @Kingofthekush420 reasoning is sound and is likely correct but how it’s actually handled is anyone’s guess.

Only a judge can decide or it has to be clarified by new legislation from congress.

Operating a state licensed facility following cGMP protocols will likely lead to better outcomes then someone doing it in their garage.

2 Likes

It’s all about your lawyer and the amount. I’m sure “small” amount would be let go via the farm bill. Get caught with kilos of it by the wrong people and you will need the lawyer. They don’t have to be right to ruin your buzz.

@Kingofthekush420 is it legal to sell this variety that was legally cultivated under hemp law?

Why would straight marijuana be legal to cultivate?

@Kingofthekush420 well it’s not technically marijuana (by definition), it’s hemp. legally speaking - of course. like the D8 - right?I’m trying to draw a parallel. If hemp derived d8 is legal, then why isn’t hemp derived THCa? because of the analogue act… right? and thanks for entertaining this conversation. i appreciate your time.

No the hemp bill requires decarboxylation testing which would make all that thc a delta 9

@Kingofthekush420 not in all 50 states though, right? each state is left to enforce their own testing, and only 6 states use total THC that im aware of. right?

No this is incorrect, the farm bill is pretty clear that the states must comply. My state was previously a d9 state next year will be total thc

1 Like

The farm bill specifically talks about decarboxylation testing

If you’d like to see the explanation of this go to my IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5IdVKmhGyy/?igshid=18cm14vpdzgn5

Total thc include any delta 9 or thc a

1 Like

@DUMPSTERFIREOG I agree with you there, and so does my state department of agriculture industrial hemp pilot program director… but what about this year? for the sake of conversation?

1 Like

Not questioning your value, just be cautious moving forward, get something clearer than that email, it says in order to move forward this year, but ask if next year has changed. That’s all, I just want everyone to be safe going forward.

1 Like