Legal lab progress shots

Some more progress shots…

22 Likes

Had to Tetris that material rack for a solid hour to get through the door of the c1d1. Haha was definitely tripping it wasn’t gonna fit

16 Likes

This is my favorite thread to watch for updates alongside the conversions. I love seeing the progress man.

4 Likes

Looks awesome!

5 Likes

13 Likes

Finally got some more parts and a shitload of hoses. Have the system pretty much done. Pretty stoked on the system layout. The crc columns are ontop of the horizontal collection and I’ll then transfer from the collection to two different jacketed 6x36 honey pots with pour spouts.Theres a MVP 150 in the back corner for recovery but it’s sorta blocked in the photos. And went with a 24k tankless water heater. And a -40 iced tech chiller. Still need those hooked up as well.

16 Likes

Haha also these columns are heavy as fuck. So definitely going with socks now which I’ve never tried. I’ve think I read somewhere something about bizeebees being able to wrap around the column so you can fit more in when packing or something like that. So who’s got the recommendations on filter socks…also opinions on 6” crc columns? I might swap that after it gets signed off. Hopefully they work and I won’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

Sorry I’m super stoned and keep thinking of things on the install today. I’ve never run jacketed columns. Still debating whether to plug them and use them as use vacuum jackets. I have a 24kw ductless water heater for heating my collection and I think it’s enough for both collection and columns,. But since the ductless heater uses water, I wouldn’t be able to chill them with anything but water right? And obviously not ever go below 32° which seems kinda not worth it

3 Likes

yeah you’d probably need another chiller for the mat. columns as water may work against you in a few ways, maybe see about using them as vac. jackets and see if you can get a good enough product running that way, if not then go cold on them. I was going to say you could add glycol to run colder but i dont think you water heater would like that at all and idk how hot you can go with it. Great job on the build! I love the hood above the ovens, that something I always recommend that a lot of people look past.

2 Likes

Have you ran this set up before? Or is it all new new.

Interested in your take/experience on/with the “ice teks”

2 Likes

All new and definitely a little nervous about it

5 Likes

Please share a review of the ice tek (After you use them for awhile)

And congrats on the new system/build-out.

4 Likes

It’s getting down to the wire. We have our PSI inspection this week. Definitely nervous about it. Was told today we need to ground our CLS inside the C1D1. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone with a legal spot having to do that. Is that a common thing I just have totally overlooked?

8 Likes

Osha made us ground our rotos and our drums of heptane / pentane so it doesn’t surprise me

Hydrocarbons can statically spark easier then alcohols which is why there more dangerous

3 Likes

That’s why blast proof covers are gold standard :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

In Denver this was a requirement everything in the c1d1 area had to be grounded. My tables, racks, hoods, machine, even my sink was grounded, and any solvent tanks I brought in. I had a copper grounding line about 4 foot high that went around the entire room on the wall that I attached everything to to make things easier. It was kinda a pain.

Edit: DM’d you an example.

4 Likes

Yes sir, all your equipment in a c1d1 should be grounded.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

These progress photos get my blood pumping! Hell of a community to be proud of

7 Likes

Got everything grounded today. Strapping everything down tomorrow and we should be good to go for the PSI inspection Thursday…nervous as fuck though

30 Likes