LED vs HPS - Which Lights are Better for flowering?

I wonder if any LED option is better than HPS 1000W?

1 Like

CMH all the way.

4 Likes

What do you think about the new cmh/hps bulb from eye hortilux? I have 8 of them at the store waiting for me to pick up

5 Likes

Can’t you use a normal hps ballast for those?

1 Like

For standard socket any electronic ballast will do. For DE fixtures the options get much more limited

2 Likes

Pretty sure you need a low frequency ballast for ceramic applications but could be diff with the C HPS… I saw the spectrum a few months back and it made me as wet as CMH did in 2016. Put a grow log up! :pray:

2 Likes

I’m testing one and I’m at day 15 and looks like day 25 at least. Quickest onset of flowers I have seen yet, I’ll get pictures later today.

3 Likes

They need to run on a ballast that is 100khz or higher.

4 Likes

Cmh runs at 50hz. I’m a cmh killer!

3 Likes

Cmh/ hps take these DE ballasts
Left is 1000w right is 600w

5 Likes

Hortilux also has some new t5 fluorescent for veg that looks interesting. I used ceramic hps like 12 years ago and it was great. I think it may have been phillips that had them available in 400 watts for awhile. I think they were designed for grocery stores to make the food colors vibrant.

1 Like

Day 14 of flower, I’m using organic living soil and haven’t had deficiencies before but I’m worried this time. Them are at 1000-1200ppf

6 Likes

I presume your issue is the yellowing? If so hit them with a foliar. Id give them a tea also if you arent.

The more intense light is increasing their nutrient uptake. They need more nitrogen somehow.

1 Like

They aren’t actually as yellow as they look, it’s from the light but I’m going to hit them with a tea today.

If you’re happy and you know it show your leaves!!! That looks like a thriving garden. Keep it up!!!

2 Likes

Stacks like a cmh fsho! I feel like that light is gonna pump out some dense ass nugs.

1 Like

https://tenor.com/rscH.gif

4 Likes