Large scale rosin?

agreed. the few serious rosin processors I know shy away from the larger plates.

the heat that the material is exposed to melting from the center of a large plate is too much.

best method I’ve seen is a manual for press 1 and an auto hydraulic for press 2. both plates were 2x3 at the most

6 Likes

good rosin feels like a psychedelic to me tbh. back to back dabs can have my head spinning and the room breathing

2 Likes

Nobody sells insulated billets? Ceramic coating your press plates everywhere but the contact surfaces would be a step in the right direction.

Gradual temp change by changing the material. It’s like NASA has entered the chat…

What a bold idea though.

Edit: Replying to @Franklin post directly above

HVOF is a pretty simple process. It’s like spraypainting with an acetylene torch.

1 Like

Well thanks now I just ate mushrooms.

No really, It’s gonna be a great day.

3 Likes

Well yeah, with that sort of attitude! Enjoy, remember to eat and don’t forget how important music is!

3 Likes

I would say music is consistently playing in my household whenever any of us are awake and my office is full of instruments but that is dead on perfect advice!

Also I took the mushrooms cooked into waffles today.

6 Likes

You haven’t pressed a lot of rosin I take it?

2 Likes

Not to derail this conversation too much but I am now the Dir of Sales for Boulder Creeks Vapor-Static extraction and wanted to know what facilities do with their spent Rosin press material. It is my understanding that spend Rosin material could still have 5% or more THC left in it. If that is true, then those finial cannabanoids at scale with no solvents with Vapor-Static extraction.

2 Likes

There is alot left, when fresh off the hill use to press there qp-hp patties id run them all for distillate after they had stockpiled a bunch and it was absolutely worth them saving.

4 Likes

Why the change in presses for press 1 and press 2? One used for pressing terps and the other for mechanically separating thca…

1 person running both presses. the second was an automatic with a foot release. also was set to a little bit of a higher temp. but it wasn’t for THCA isolation.

there was really close quality control for the first press, that’s why they liked the manual. they also like the automatic, because it allowed them to focus on the manual

1 Like

Stuff the patties in 1gallon glass jars then make it into rso, free starting material so I can gift free rso to locals who need it

3 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

I don’t make rosin but my bro does!
Thanks for throwing out a few things for me to research more into it!
I want him to make the most amazing thing he can…got amazing (dried and cured flower) as well as a tumbler and bubble bags, been playing around with the best way to process!
Anyways thanks for giving me ideas to play with

No problem, my advice is to go straight to freeze drying bubble hash for your input material as soon as he can to just skip the bullshit if he’s got the budget.

3 Likes

That was out of the budget, he got a wine fridge.
Super tasty