Lanphan Equipment in a Certified Lab...

Anyone have insight on if Lanphan equipment (rotary evaporators, chillers, vacuum ovens) have a UL stamp or would be ok for use in a certified Medical Laboratory using Cryo EtOH extraction here in the US (oklahoma)? I want to use their equipment, but I don’t want to get railroaded by inspections. I know this is a tough or maybe ignorant question but any help would be appreciated if it’s out there.

Thanks,
HK

No UL certification

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’m not 100% sure a UL cert is needed, but regardless that’s unfortunate. I wonder if a CE stamp would work instead, I was told by a Lanphan Rep they can provide a CE stamp.

Perhaps I can just use the chinese glassware and obtain american equipment for any parts drawing current.

-HK

There was some great deals on US and European rotovap motors on eBay a while back. Not sure if they’re still there, but worth looking at. Best to give your fire marshal a call before you spend the money. If you don’t live in CA, you might be surprised what you can get away with. I know some of the medical labs in my state are getting away with some surprising shit. Some would say alarming shit.

5 Likes

yes
Glassware and other parts is ok for us.
Just tell me your exact requirement or drawing, then I could quote to u