Lanphan DLSB 5/10 Chiller Issues -

I recently ordered and received a Lanphan DLSB 5/10. After plugging it in and trying to get it to work, the PV remained at room temperature even after I left it there and checked back 30 minutes later.

I contacted Terry on WeChat and his response was to tell me to try to turn it off and on again and wait for 4+ minutes. No surprise - it didn’t do anything and the chiller didn’t work. After sending him two videos of me turning it on and then waiting there for four minutes, his response was to tell me to make sure I was pressing the “cooling” button. There are only two buttons on the right of the panel…

Here is our WeChat convo. I’d like to hear what others experiences have been with him and his company’s chillers because I can’t help but feel like he’s treating me like an idiot rather than admitting that his chiller has a chance of being faulty.

3 Likes

I just got one of Lanphan’s chillers and it’s been working with no issue so far

2 Likes

Which model did you get?

That’s some crazy customer service though. Please keep us updated. I will be in the lab tomorrow and will get you all specs. It’s the one they had for their 50L rotos

1 Like

I have a the DLSB-50/30 I use with my 50l roto and only problem I’ve had so far is it shutting down and giving me an error code of something like E01 if it get’s too cold (this is when it’s been set to -30c) and I have to wait for a while for it to warm back up. There’s been a few times it’s done it on startup before it’s even cold and I’ve just flipped the breaker that’s powering it off and on and it’s gone away.

The first time this happened I turned the chiller on like 15 min before I started my roto so thinking it was just because it didn’t have anything to chill and got too cold.

I now just set it at -20c since with my 50l roto water bath at 80c it only gets down to -16c anyways.

1 Like

God tell me about it, when I was told that he had a solution I actually had some hope that maybe what he was telling me would finally end this whole situation, but when I saw the power button I knew that I might as well be listening to a broken record

1 Like

Does it immediately go down in temp or does it take a while?

It does take maybe 15-30 seconds for the compressor to kick on and start cooling but the circulation pump starts soon as I hit the button.

1 Like

this is the part of chatting record and i do not say that i do not provide after-sale service,so do not be misled.
Now i am here to clarify and tell you two things.

1. i do not give up any my customers and have been providing good after-sale service.

2. There is a procedures for after-sale service: at first i contact my customer and know exact questions and tell my technician how to solve it; then my technician could ask me to make sure exact questions again; and i must make sure again with my customer,finally i provide all with my technician and he will give the solution. so it probablay happens that i will make sure one or more questions again again; but my purpose is to dea with well.

So i wish that you could understand

yea my dfy-5/10 quit working after 2 uses and less then 10hrs run time, dealing with Naomi from lanphan and all i got is run around. what a shit ass company, time to dispute charges.

3 Likes

@Naomiyang @Terry_Manager

If lanphan can’t take care of these issue they will get roasted on the boards and be dealt with

7 Likes

i spent a week going back and forth with Naomi yang and felt no closer to a resolution so i just called and disputed charges with my CC. lanphan you reap what you sow…

4 Likes

I’ve been using a DLSB-30/80 to chill and recover butane at approx -45°C for several months now, I have had the system to -80°C just to see it happen, it usually takes about 20 min to go from room temp to -35 and another 10 min or so to hit -45. I turn the system on with the big silver button, then the circulate button, then the cool button. After about 5 to 10 min the compressor kicks relay kicks on and it starts dropping temp immediately. Are you hearing the compressor cycle on? What does it sound like, is there a change, when you press the cool button?

2 Likes

These are air cooled chillers, id check to see if your fan is spinning if it isn’t then the system cant cool, even with the compressor running.

I also think there is some feedback from the fan to the controller, if the fan isnt spinning it may throw a fault code and keep the system shut down. Atleast Maybe, the fan only uses 2 leads, so there is no physical sensor detecting rotation, the controller may sense something though im still mot 100% on that.

I only say this because recently my DLSB 30/30 for my 20L Roto went down, I replaced the fan and shes back up and running again as good as new.

May help your problem, may not. Best of luck.

1 Like

Do you have the fluid circulating? My chiller came clearly marked not to chill without circulating. From the image you posted it doesn’t appear that you are due to the lack of the word cycle above the word cool on your PID display.

1 Like

It was left on like this for 30 minutes, I was trying to do the cool by itself since the cool+ circulate wasn’t doing anything

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you had to deal with this too, absolutely ridiculous customer service and quality. What did you end up getting to replace it?

2 Likes

im not sure if your asking me but im gonna order the poly science 7L -20 recirculator from best value. im done with any expensive electronics from china, maybe a cheap mantle but no more chillers.

Push the circulating button(fluid pump) then wait. Every ten minutes try pressing the chiller button. If you don’t hear the compressor cut on, turn off(leave fluid pump running) and try again in ten minutes You’ll hear and feel the compressor when it turns on.

This has been the same issue with every DSLB chiller(Lanphan does not manufacture them). I’ve had 8 DSLB chillers of different sizes and all have worked.

2 Likes

Lanphan is a distributor, they do not manufacture any of this equipment.

1 Like