Laboratory "grids"

Does anyone use these for a labware grid?

?

3 Likes

Like a rack for drying / storing your lab glass?

3 Likes

u mean for the actual glass? like setup to run

3 Likes

I don’t see why you couldn’t use it, as long as it was secured to the table surface and possibly a wall. We use Lattice Lab System, Set #3 - Emerald Scientific to support our shortpath glassware during runs. Its bolted to the table, and tied into the wall up top. Same idea essentially, but could be a better budget option.

3 Likes

That is roughly what we use too. I prefer poles attached to the heating mantle though, at least on 10+ L setups.

Like what shulgin has on his picture

Like the grid behind him

9 Likes

That’s basically it. But what I posted could probably be used.

i wouldnt use the uline option then. Its flimsy compared to a standard chem grid for mounting glassware.
The grid you shared wouldnt allow ease of adjustments either as you would need to completely detach the clamp to move it up a couple inches. With the standard chem grid you can slide clamps up and down easily and left and right easily. this is very helpful if you have a constantly changing glassware setup. They will also hold much more weight. if you wantthe best price go buy some stainless rods cut to length and then a bunch of clamps and make your own.

8 Likes

That’s what I needed to know, thank you

2 Likes

Those look cool. Looks like they’re aluminum though?

Uline units are chrome(d)

It’s called a lattice rack.

ULINE actively campaigns against cannabis, avoid supporting them

$27 per 12 pack of these

8 Likes

Never knew that. :thinking: I will try not to patronize them when it comes to cannabis related stuff

1 Like

I think that they’re afraid of the implications of fiber and bioplastics, and are in general, turkeys

3 Likes

What a horribly written article and ugly website

Any idea where to acquire all those chemicals behind him?

4 Likes

Collage chemistry labs, storage rooms.

I assure you that shulgin has a lot of chemicals that you would be very hard pressed to find at the local college.

2 Likes

8020 is the best, just picked some up at the scrap yard for $1.60/lb. No wobble. Hoping to eliminate all of my regular round ring clamp stuff with it

2 Likes

Dat Schlenk

7 Likes

The problem with that is the individual wires may be to small for a boss head, or bear the weight of the glass.

my old one was made from 1/2" rebar spray painted black, you could climb on that thing and it was like 15 ft long.

home depot+mig welder+rebar= :grin:

5 Likes