Label Software - Anyone Use BarTender

What does everyone here use for printing their labels? So far we’ve been building all our templates in MS word (kill me) and looking to make a change to BarTender.

The issue I’m running into is this:

I need to print labels from two sets of info (the batch info and the dispensary info). What I’m finding is that I can’t query two different sets of records so I’d need a million combinations (every product batch x every dispensary). Without doing a bunch of visual basic coding, this appears to be unsupported. I imagine this is a pretty common issue, anyone use a different solution to fill their label data?

4 Likes

I use InkScape

The big question is where is your data housed, and how do you connect to it? This seems like it would be a pretty simple job for a word mail merge with the data being scraped from excel, depending on the format/data.

For us, I’m pretty sure this falls under the purview of our QMS system - Veeva Vault QualityOne. Though that system would collect a lot of data from our manufacturing platform - Backbone. They’re pretty tightly integrated for us.

2 Likes

Zebra labeling printers have a software program that comes with it if I’m not mistaken. Zebra ZT230 Barcode Label Printer

1 Like