Lab Testing Locations Los Angeles/Inland Empire 2023

Hello Folks,
Looking for location(s) flower (trim) lab testing (certificate of analysis) and
cost comparison, I hear it cost about $400 to have tested (THC, Pesticides
Fungal)?
Another question is how to price flower (trim) with clean lab results & good THC; what is the range from great to not worthwhile (10% to 20+% THC) ?
Note: I do see non-tested flower (trim) on other forums starting at $20. per unit.
Appreciate your comments, thank you.

1 Like

pmd ya

Hi,
Not sure how to define “pmd ya” ?

1 Like

Translated: I private messaged you

1 Like

D’oh … !
okay. Is that encryption type pmd … need to figure that out ?

You should have already received it. Click on your avatar and then on the option that looks like a piece of mail in the menu that comes up

So, I come to find out flower testing for independent people (non licensed) not allowed in California (?) … A regulation per DCC (License types - Department of Cannabis Control). At the same site, it states you can grow 6 plants 21yrs or doc recommendation 18yrs. But you can’t have your homegrown or other flower tested ? Hope, to find alternate way in Cali or near by state … open to suggestion.

I’m fairly certain you can indeed submit samples for analysis as an independent person in California. Labs perform two types of testing. Compliance testing is what allows a product to be sold for retail and requires a manufacturing, microbusiness, or distributor license to order. The samples must be collected by the lab at random, transported to their facility, and maintain a strict chain-of-custody. The results are then published and attached to that product in the state tracking system(Metrc).

The other form of testing is known as R&D(Research & Development). This form of testing is more informal. It is used by manufacturers to ensure their product will not fail before sending it in for compliance testing. It’s also used to give manufacturers an idea of what percentage cannabinoids or terpenes their products will have.

I would call a few labs and tell them that you are just a consumer and wish to R&D test a product. You can order a simple Cannabinoid test(the cheapest), or specifically choose what to focus on: Pesticides, residual solvents, foreign materiel, terpenes, etc. Some labs may require you to be a medical patient with a valid doctors recommendation.

That is good news and can now narrow the search; already finding local facilities with key wording (Research & Development, Informal, Cannabis Testing). Also, searched DCC with same words to review & compare info… plenty of reading.
Huge thank you… BFG.
HashyOne