Lab tested trim = to expected yield?

I’ve been purchasing lab tested trim with a thc potency of 11-13%. But my yields have been around 5%. Running bho extraction with crc. First time dealing with lab tested trim and i guess i obviously don’t know what to look for to calculate expected yield. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

There could be a few issues. What is your ratio of gas to trim being ran. What powders are being used? Have you tried running gas through the crc after to see if you yield the other 7% you’re missing?

Is the lab reliable they are allowed to have 5% error. The trim you have may not be a homogeneous mixture so one spot may rest for 12% but another section may only test at 2% then another section where there is more kief could test at 25%.

11-13 percent should get you around 15-20 percent of the trim weight if factor in terpenes and fats/lipids

2 Likes

7-1 gas ratio. Using t-5, alumina, and silica. Thoroughly wash material and CRC.

1 Like

What temp are you extracting at and what temp are you passing thru Crc at?

1 Like

Is it just me or is that some fire trim? I guess anything is possible but that seems too high

2 Likes

I’ve been running 20% trim just takes a bit of sorting and hand trimming

3 Likes

I go through all material before i run it, for the most part, i separate a and b grade, then again im a hobby guy, so I’m sure that does not work in scale labs

Testing 20 or yielding 20?

I’ve yielded 17% crude one time when running only machine trim, zero garbage. So it is possible. Bit it’s before decarb. Ended up 12.7% dist. That’s the one that got 99.4% tca.

1 Like

20% THCa trim? No way lol unless there’s kief in it. Or the trimmers are just chomping calyxes. Or do you mean you yield 20% from trim?

@stoopkid
It might be machine trim that no human trimmer has touched. We have had 20% thca on our trim lab tested, but only one strain.

You guys are silly I have ice cream cake and garlic breath trim that’s 15% thca and 6% cbda. Hand trimmed and well sorted. I dont understand how this sounds crazy. Do you guys only deal with boof? Historically I’ve paid up to 250 a lb for trim like this. I got this on a split but if I saw it I’d offer the farmer 100-150 a lb

The key is to find a farmer that’s also a hash maker not just a corn farmer :wink:

7 Likes

If your good with math. 1.5# machine trim = 100g crude for spd = 75g 92%thc disty. Not sure how to equate that to my trim potency.

Some trim is much better than others. Some of my clients I have to run almost 2x trim to = my trim.

2 Likes

resurrecting because I’m too lazy to file this anywhere else…(and if I don’t post it, I’ll try beating METRC support over the head with it :shushing_face:)

METRC says I can get 4kg of food grade BHO out of 10kg of LEAF!!!

…but only 600g out of 6kg of Blue Dream Buds.

WTF have y’all been reporting? :joy: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

And blue dream at that, massive waxes from that strain.

1 Like