Lab Hazard Prevention & Reduction

Hello Everyone!

Here is the newest SOP of the week. This one is a little different than my previous SOPs, but with all the bad publicity going on in the news, we need to do all we can to follow safe operation procedures.

I know there’s a ton more of concepts that I didn’t touch on so feel free to mention other safe lab practices in the comments section and I’ll try to add them into the guideline as an edit.

https://www.grmlabs.com/blog/laboratory-fire-hazard-reduction-amp-prevention

11 Likes

Nice. Glad I read that. I would have thought positive pressure ventilation would be better since the fan/blower shouldn’t be in the vapors.

1 Like

Even system components that aren’t connected to any electronics should be bonded together.

I think its worth mentioning that static electricity can build up when forcing pressurized gas through a sintered disc due to the friction thats produced.

3 Likes

I’d definitely suggest writing these in the form of an actual usable SOP If your trying to drum up
Business by showing your skills. Otherwise this is just a bullet point list of things people should know and don’t really advertise what you can offer

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’m more trying to build a knowledge base for people just getting into the industry than anything. Every day on the news someone is blowing themselves up and giving our industry a bad name. Besides, every lab is different and would require a slightly different SOP. Figured this is a good starting point. There are tons of people getting into the industry right now who have never touched a piece of equipment in their lives unlike most of the folks here on future.

2 Likes

Feel free to jack the GLG SOP format. We would love to host your SOPs, with credit, if you do :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Awesome, I actually do have the format already from the partial pesticide tek that someone posted. I love the layout. The more knowledge we can put out there the better the world will be!

1 Like