Lab director seeking opportunities: employment, consulting, partnerships, etc

Hello and good day!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My name is Chris, my insta handle is cajun_concentrates if you wanna take a look. Currently I am under contract until the end of February, but will have no issues relocating ASAP, if needed.

I have held positions such as Lab Manager for Extract Labs L.L.C., and Lab Director for Octave Labs, JL Holding, and Rapid Analytics. Through my prior experience, I have been a part of successful projects, but have also witnessed improperly managed projects. Having seen both the good and bad sides of project management, I am now able to understand and appreciate the necessity for a systematic approach of directed activities. Additionally, I understand that unforeseen obstacles and challenges are inherent in every business operation, and I have grown accustomed to adapting to such obstacles and challenges as they arise.

Experience and a consistent process and procedure are only part of what is needed to create a successful business. A positive work environment can be just as important if not more important than an effective Standard Operating Procedure. Positivity is a huge aspect of what I want to bring to your team. I am constantly challenging myself to be better every day. I challenge myself by pushing myself physically and mentally. If given an opportunity, I promise to bring a positive attitude to any task or responsibility given to me, no matter how large or small.

Below you will find a condensed list of my combined experience ranging from the different types of equipment I have commisioned / operated on to the different projects I have started and managed. I can provide a list of references upon request. Thanks again for taking the time to read a little about me.

EXTRACTION

1. Co2 - Vitalis Q-90
  2. Propane - Extractiontek MEP-turbo
  3. Ethanol - HZB-CEP-100 Extraction System
  • 100 gallon centrifuge
  • 4 – 500gal Jacketed Solvent Tanks
  • Graco AODD liquid transfer pump 1inch
  • Harmsco Hurricane Cartridges ( 50um and 5um (Pre-filtration for solvent recovery)

WINTERIZATION / FILTRATION

1. 6000gal Liquid Nitrogen Tank for Cryogenic temperatures of Ethanol
  2. Added cryogenic solenoid valves for keeping exact temps (-40c through -90c)
  3. CRC (Harmsco Carbon Cartridges 5um)

SOLVENT RECOVERY

1. 20L /50L Rotary-Evaporators (Across International, Buchi Corp.)
  2. BizzyBee - FFE
  3. Delta Seperation - FFE
  4. Ethos Manufacturing - Membrane Skid

FRACTIONIONAL DISTILLATION

1. Lab Society - 12L short-path glass still
  2. Chemtech - KD-6 / Kd-10 3-stage (Rolling Film Evaporator)

CBD ISOLATION

1. Stainless Recrystallization Reactor (assisted with design)
  • 150L Conical Bottom jacketed Vessel
  • 12in end cap
  • AO-Mixer
  • *PRVs *
  • *Chillers *
  • *AODD pump *
  • *Digital Thermal Couplings *
  • 100L Recovery Tank

CHROMATOGRAPHY

1. Familiar with both Preparative and High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
  2. Buchi Revelaris X2 (Octave Labs)
  3. Shimadzu HPLC (Rapid Analytics)
  4. Headspace Analyzer

LAB DIRECTOR / PROJECT MANAGEMENT / DOCUMENT CONTROL

1. Direct Communication and Meeting Scheduling with: Lab Staff, Owners, Investors, Farmers, Electricians, Plumbers, HVAC Techs, Fire Marshal, DEQ Director, City Planning Department, City Building Department, City Water Department, Various Consultants, Oregon Department of Agriculture, Clients / Potential Clients, Farmers, Sales Calls, Brokering Calls
  2. Production Tracking: Daily Totals (Lbs biomass/crude/distillate/isolate, Extraction yields / losses, Labor Hours. This is all Performed in Excel. Managers were trained to record results on Work Order then transfer and update spreadsheets daily.
  3. Document Control Systems was geared towards achieving GMP Certification. It is backed up to Onedrive for labstaff, administration staff, managers, owners, farmers, and clients. This allowed them to access them at any point. The different types of documents: Work Orders, SDS, LOT Tracking Logs, Production Spread, SOPS, Overhead Costs, Analytic Results, Inventory logs (Safe inventory / finished product), Administrative Docs, Different Calendars, Maximum Allowed Quantity (solvents), Yield Calculator, Process Flow Diagrams, etc.
  4. Responsible for 25-30 Personnel between 3 facilities / Businesses: Rapid Analytics, Octave Labs, JL Holdings. Hired / Fired, Conflict Resolution, equipment Training, Troubleshooting, Process Improvement, Purchasing, Payroll, Accounts Payable/ Receivable, Safety Officer, etc.
  5. Managed Facility Build Outs: Equipment Floor Plans, Mechanical/electrical/ Plumbing Review, Equipment List, Direct contact for all contractors, and city officials. Acquired all licenses for legal operation. Installed / Plumbed all equipment together.
  6. Implemented Quarterly Performance Reviews of staff. This was used as a tool to keep staff motivated.

PROJECTS / ACHIEVEMENTS

1. Received awards at the 2019 Indo Expo: Best Hemp Extractor/Manufacturer and Best Hemp CBD Isolate of 2018. While I was the Lab Manager of Extract Labs L.L.C.
  2. Octave Labs L.L.C - refinement facility buildout (chromatography, distillation, isolation)
  3. JL Holdings L.L.C - extraction facility buildout (biomass storage/ grinding, extraction, solvent recovery, decarb ).
  4. Rapid Analytics L.L.C. - Analytic lab Chromatography facility buildout.
  5. Lab Manager of Extract Labs L.L.C., was on the ground floor of growing the company from a garage start up to an international leader in the CBD industry.

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT

1. Formulation of products for consumers: Muscle balm, Vape juice, Tincture, CBD Crumble / Shatter (smokeable finished products).
  2. Crude, Distillate, CBD Isolate, THC Free/ Compliant Distillate.
  3. Currently in the process of perfecting D8/D9 conversion from CBD.

SALES

1. Managed wholesale accounts in Quickbooks.
  2. instagram account Cajun_Concentrates used for sales and networking.
  3. Used my network to bring in Farmers for toll processing clients
  4. Brokered crude,distillate, isolates sales. deals.
9 Likes

I have an opening for Extraction Manager in Columbus Ohio. Interested?

5 Likes

You need to make your own ad! Welcome. Try to keep your own advertising off other people’s recruitment ads. I can understand being new the confusion!

When you have your own thread I’d add details about yours like the above opportunity.

@jmeade4 was asking if perhaps @Chron_naut might be interested in

Which is a perfectly reasonable response to @Chron_naut’s

Don’t ya think?

5 Likes

Ah! I misread

2 Likes

Where at in Columbus? Johnstown

I DM’d you!