Kratom news and regulation

People aren’t buying 7OH instead of fentanyl. If anything there are probably people who get addicted to 7OH and then move on to fentanyl, like what happened in some cases with tianeptine. There are exceptions, I’ve seen kratom products including 7OH help people wean themselves off strong opioids, but that is a very very small % of people buying 7OH. Certainly has nothing to do with the fall in opioid deaths over the last year and a half, which there has been a lot of research on (none of it mentioning 7OH).

the article I saw said the decline in overdose rates is because of the amount of people who already died from fent overdoses

2 Likes

Dam right

People forget

Edit: didnt see someone posted this below, anytime someone says you cant OD on something i always reply with anything can kill you then post this video

1 Like

Have you read the FDA release on 7oh?

7-hydroxymitragynin_7-oh_an_assessment_of_the_scientific_data_and_toxicological_concerns_around_an_emerging_opioid_threat.pdf (634.1 KB)

“Likewise, when evaluating the agonist activity of 7-OH in an electrically
stimulated guinea pig ileum, 7-OH acted as a full agonist and was more potent than morphine
(Takayama et al., 2002).”

According to the chart on page 12

“Notably,
7-OH specific NPDS codes were only recently added (Feb-May 2025), and therefore the NPDS
reporting period is limited to 2/1/2025-4/30/2025.”

So in 3 months they had 53 documneted cases of poison contol being contacted over 7oh. Thats a fuck ton

3 Likes

Honestly most of these poison control calls are probably opioid naive people taking the pill they bought at the gas station and experiencing extreme nausea. That was my experience when I tried 7OH.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen that and wide availability of narcan cited as reasons. I’ve also seen some people suggest that the presence of xylazine in synthetic opioids might actually be reducing opioid deaths by keeping addicts sedated all day and less likely to take more doses of fentanyl.

Probably, but can’t say for sure. One of the most dangerous combo’s is opioids + benzo’s. That’s killed a lot of people with prescriptions, I doubt 7OH is less dangerous when combined with other meds like that. Most people are unaware of those synergistic effects, especially people that like abusing those kinds of things.

4 Likes

Good to know about the opiate + benzo combo, personally I stay away from all opiates but have tried some MIT extract in the past. I already have enough addictions as it is, no need to add to that. (Nicotine and Caffeine)

2 Likes

Florida emergency scheduling of 7oh is now capped at 400ppm, not 1%

1 Like

https://county10.com/fremont-county-commission-exploring-options-for-local-kratom-ban-after-two-mitragynine-related-deaths-in-one-month/

https://archive.md/BLHpO

https://governor.ohio.gov/media/news-and-media/governor-dewine-calls-on-pharmacy-board-to-schedule-+kratom-compounds-as-illegal-drugs

2 Likes

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is making residents and health care providers aware of the risks of the synthetic kratom compound known as 7-Hydroxymitragynine (7-OH) after the County of Los Angeles Medical Examiner recently identified three fatal overdoses in LA County residents between the ages of 18 to 40 years old. Alcohol was present in all cases.

1 Like

Story on the post above

False 7-oh is to good an antagonist and can cause respiratory failure

Not much science about the matter but some is available Italië has some of the beter papers on the matter

1 Like

7OH doesn’t cause respiratory failure though, and if it was an antagonist i wouldn’t an opiate

really ? I ll get the Italian research to prove you wrong

When Italië illegelized kratom years ago this was one of there strongest arguments

1 Like