Kiefed Prerolls... How?

Any idea how people are kiefing the outside of their prerolls? Curious what the easiest method is to get it to stick.

1 Like

Don’t they just drizzle oil/distillate where they want kief to stick?

3 Likes

I’ve seen it done by simply heating oil and applying to pre roll with a small brush then rolled in kief.

2 Likes

Old school blunt trick

Roll rolled blunt/ joint in syrup or honey. Put in 200* oven for 5 mins to allow the syrup/ honey to get tacky.

Spread out kief on paper plate. Roll joint/blunt in kief. Tap loose kief off.
Light, puff, puff, pass.
Cough as desired.

6 Likes

Try using the HTE sauce from diamonds, it’s the best!

2 Likes

Do you folks recommend spraying or brushing disti on prerolls prior to rolling in kief?

although i’ve done that once or twice i cannot say i am a fan of smoking sugar. I now spend effort to save my lungs

2 Likes

I agree I have had heated arguments over this very practice

brushing is easier. spraying is kind of a bitch, unless you dilute your oil in some ethanol or something.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight, I was leaning towards brushing.

1 Like

do you know how they dried them? the oil seems to just absorb the kief

does anyone know the best way to dry them? the oil keeps absorbing all the kief

Are you using distillate?

yes we are

I ended up brushing them with distillate then using compressed air to quickly dry/cool them, then I did the kief rolling. These are a temperature sensitive product because if they heat up too much in storage or transport they will soak up the kief.

I agree with @Butane, cooling before applying kief and keeping them cool in storage is a must. Could also try applying less distillate if possible.

I mostly used shatter or budder heated up to do this not distillate.

2 Likes

Silicone heat pad
Turn it on on a low setting
Ptfe mat on top of heat pad w decent crude or disty in a thin layer (might need to get heat pad hot to get a thin layer, then let cool)
Lightly press rolling paper on crude/disty to allow a small amount to stick before taking off off. If you don’t want disty/crude where the filter goes simply fold the end of the paper in where it won’t touch disty crude
You could also easily roll an already rolled joint in your disty/crude in this same manner, if you already have them made up.

I was wondering if you had any insight on drying kief. Right now we are running into a moisture problem with our kief. Its wanting to clump and be more hashy than a powder. Its been excessively humid here as of late compounding the problem. I was thinking maybe a dehydrator at the absolute lowest temp but i am afraid of decarbing the kief. Was also thinking maybe a vacuum oven would do the trick. Let me know if you know a way to safely dry kief so its more powdery. Thanks in advance.