K2-18 b detection of life

“…> These initial Webb observations also provided a possible detection of a molecule called dimethyl sulfide (DMS). On Earth, this is only produced by life. The bulk of the DMS in Earth’s atmosphere is emitted from phytoplankton in marine environments.
Given a sufficient quantity of reactants/reagents, could DMS be produced via a natural process, or is this a sufficiently unfavorable reaction that it’s unlikely?..”

9 Likes

7202515462_12029f997b_w

sickkkkkkkkkk

i want to believe

its fascinating to see how far astrobiology has come; its mildly intimidating knowing how far astrobiology still has to go!

3 Likes

Cool but how unimaginative, looking for life. What about Non-corporeal self replicating messages from across the galaxy?

1 Like

8 Likes

Yooooo I don’t know where else to post this so I’ll post it here.

As some of you may know, there were two “aliens” paraded in front of the Mexican Congress this week. The bodies straight looked like clay or dried up dog turds or something idk they look like a modern “Fiji mermaid” scam to me at first.

Some one sent me this image, check out some of those x rays. What do y’all think? I did a little digging and apparently the dude presenting them has tried to scam people with this kinda stuff before idk tho

Wtf is this timeline. Did mexico just drop disclosure?

4 Likes

Aliens with coke pellets in their intestines? From mexico you say??

4 Likes

Literally just taking to the homie about that :joy::joy::joy:

Intergalactic smuggling is no joke

:laughing:

2 Likes

I can’t believe you guys don’t get it! This is ET. You only need to get @Lightbulb errrrr I mean Elliot close by and ET will wake up… Get some bicycles ready.

2 Likes

I would have smuggled it in an alien elephant with nine stomachs and 4 huge heads

2 Likes

Here’s some further analytical of the news

1 Like

All fake as fuck, and the UFO hearings here too, and the UAP videos released by the air force a few years ago. I love alien stuff and I hope they’re out there but all the stuff from the last few years are total psyops. Watch Mirage Men

4 Likes

I believe in JWST, the aliens thing is smokescreen for getting pilots to report UAVs imo.

.bigfoot hunting might just be casual reporting of gorillas

2 Likes

I agree I think this is a psyop too; anything to keep people’s minds off the reality of current events. The news cycles needs something to shove downs people throats.

Never mind the hundreds of billions of dollars we’ve spent on a proxy war and us inching closer to ww3 everyday. Nevermind our walking fossil of a president and his crackhead son making the US a laughing stock. Nevermind the inflation and flatlining economy that is literally squeezing the life out of the population. Never mind the corruption of US politics. Nevermind the scam that was covid 19 and everything that entails…

Look here’s some silly looking aliens and ufos!!! Omg one has eggs!!! thats so interestingggg

It’s all so tiresome.

8 Likes

What about all the testimony in Congress last month on UFO, high level ppl saying off the hook stuff

Building blocks of life came from space, just sayin

1 Like

Trust no one want there to be aliens more then me lol

I Wana know the truth sooooo bad.

I really hope they are real, I just have an innate distrust of media and government. Especially in the last few years.

3 Likes

Aliens are real, as crazy as it sounds taking calculus in high school made me realize this

If the universe is infinite (which to our knowledge it is) and life happened once (were proof of that) then there is an infinite amount of chances for it to happen again and since it happened once its more likely to happen again then for it not to happen again

3 Likes

XD gotta play media fear frenzy bingo every month

2 Likes

Yea we r not that special, some type of life exists out there, what it is who knows ? In some form life extends beyond our planet

We didn’t get every last building block dropped on earth ,

1 Like

Who’s knowledge?

Actually the leading consensus right now is the universe is finite… Perhaps you are referring to the multiverse theory?

But I get what you’re saying, kind of like what Carl Sagan said “The universe is a pretty big place. If it’s just us, seems like an awful waste of space”.

Now someone please call Elliot and send him to Mexico to wake up ET.

3 Likes

More interesting analysis-