Jungle tek - a little help improving my extracts

Hey guys

Tried something different this time, great results.

I was able to get a really nice extract and do run 2, only this time I used agitation and floraplex clear terpenes, results was what I now call full spectrum terpenes. (I’m baked, a new name would come handy)

I think this is the best as it gets, as I’m using this solution in 10% to disty like it’s just terps, but leave your oil to actually taste more real.

Getting really good feedbacks here. Do any of you used an alternative method to make your disty taste like dank?

Thats Just the base to disty. The actual thing coma clearer, but tasting like dank.

I’ll stop the research for a couple more weeks, until I find a product even better to those I found, but as usual I leave a question.

If I were to extract from flower (say just cut), what kind of extration I can run with eth or iso to puul high terpenes amounts amongst the cannabinoids. Should I be thinking about Rosin instead?

Thanks all.

1 Like

Fresh cut needs to be flash frozen and either run with butane (live resin) or fresh frozen and dry sifted and then press the dry sift under super low temps. Terpines form an Azeotrope with ethanol so you will likely lose a fair amount of the terp content when you evaporate your solvent.

Awesome thread @anoncook just what I need, thanks. Please keep posting your refinement process of kief made oil, i need to do the exact same thing. And was definitely wonder how much it was possible to clean up the black crude from kief.

1 Like

Hey @cannaholiker. In my personal anecdotal experience, it depends on what quality your Kief is, also how much you’re willing to sacrifice for color. There’s also the lipid or terpene extraction, they were both effective to me.

1 Like

Thanks @anoncook. Its good quality, but its commercial kief from marocco so forth, i always go for as light a colour i can get, that should always give somewhat ligther colour oil in theory ? but still very black.

You acheived a great colour there from the cartrigde pic, well done!. - Was that the Celite bed with AO and also a AC scrup that gave that final result, Or a mixture of all the 4 medias you mentioned used.

When you leave your Etoh and crude solution to natually evaporate, dont you get a nasty seperation happening? - When its happens its gets terrible black and lumpy, and start smelling like ass too!

I get about 40-45% return in my kief with just Etoh extraction

1 Like

Get PAC Powdered activated carbon for color remediation Usually from a Liqueur distilling supplier they have carbon in bulk cheap! they use it to do the same thing we are but with vodka lol

1 Like

The color theory makes sense to me, I seem to have better results with fresher / lighter kief.

About the filtration, I experimented with different combinations. But color really improved after AO and AC (not aquarium this time lol)

About the nasty thing, I can definitely feel the smell, LOL. The separation has water with solubles in it (that smells) and the black gunk. At first I was like: how the hell did my nice good smelling gold shit became this? Hahah.

Your yield is pretty good, wish my starting material was better, lol.

This isn’t economically viable where I live, so I unfortunately don’t have much experience to share at large scale.

Let me know if I can be of any help,

Cheers.